Moral Waiver Question

Hi guys, I have never posted on these forums, but I have a question. Back in 2003, when I was 16, I got a ticket for speeding in a school zone. When I did my security questioner I told them about this ticket and the 2 others I had. Recently I was getting rid of a desk and found an affidavit for the speeding in a school zone ticket. The fine was for $248 and the total after court fees and paper fees was $280. I remember seeing somewhere that fines over $250 need a moral waiver. I have already submitted my packet for the July review board, but the due date isn't until May 12. The recruiter said I would be fine, but I'm still a little nervous about it. Is there anything I should do/can do? Does it matter since it was so long ago and I was not 18? If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Just tell them about it, isn't a big deal. If you don't they'll probably wonder why you didn't. If you do, they'll see it and probably not care.

I had a $295 speeding ticket (years ago) for 89 in a 65 zone while on a roadtrip in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately the state I was busted in had (and still does) higher fines than the surrounding states. I told them about it, didn't need any waiver, isn't an issue.

I tried to go slower, but was on a CBR929RR at the time and it just wanted to cruise at that speed lol. Too easy to do on a bike.

Edited by t.o.n.y

Pretty sure the last statement just above the space for your signature read something to the effect of "to the best of my knowledge"...

If you have omitted or forgotten something, and they find it during a background check, they may ask you about it. Respond with something like "Oops, my bad, I forgot all about that, here's what happened..."

To everyone regardless of topic or issue: Put it down, is a matter of integrity in addition to security and everything else. If you get to the board and they ask if you have any _______ would you say no if you don't show it? Or if you say yes and didn't put it down it will look like you're trying to hide it then they'll focus on that.

Just be up front about everything. We all make mistakes, but we learn and grow from them. If it takes a little while to get something done, at least it is done and then you can move forward.

• 1 month later...

Got a call today and i was selected to woft for the may board. I didnt make the due date on the USAREC website but i guess the civilian due date is different. Thanks for the answers guys it helped me feel more comfortable.

• Like 1

Got a call today and i was selected to woft for the may board. I didnt make the due date on the USAREC website but i guess the civilian due date is different. Thanks for the answers guys it helped me feel more comfortable.

Sweet. Good for you.