1929 ford tri-motor

Fred0311

Ok so it's not a helicopter but I had a flight today in a 1929 ford tri-motor. What an amazing experience to fly in a piece of history! It was loud as hell and vibrated like it was trying to shake us out of us with those three big radial engines so that part vaguely reminded me of Helis. I didn't get to but my father even got to log some time on the controls. It was a beautiful machine and if anyone is interested I'll try to figure out how to upload some pictures.

The Tri Motor was here in Naples, Florida from March 29 thru April 2nd. I was on the promo committee. EAA sent only one pilot with the aircraft and they gave over 500 rides (about 55 flights) so I guess we were successful in promo.

I was at Sun n Fun in Lakeland on the 28th of March and saw it depart from LAL to APF.

Mike

Anyone who hasn't experienced the operation of a radial engine propelled aircraft should do what they can to make it happen. It won't be long before the experience will be completely obsolete, like a ride on a stagecoach.

I tried to upload a few pictures but they were too large. I'll see what I can do about resizing them. I got to see it at witham field in Stuart FL. I also had a chance to talk to few heli pilots while there and they were insightful and encouraging. I'm not starting my training until the fall.