Twin endorsement

If you need a twin rating for another country, you need to find a school that can do that training, testing and paperwork.

As previously posted, the FAA doesn't issue "multiengine" ratings, or type ratings of any sort for the aircraft you list. You can recieve training in those airframes and I'd think you could direct that training towards the qualifications you want, but no FAA "rating".

Sorry guys, I should clarify.

I'm looking for a twin helicopter rating of any type (AS355, A109, BK117 etc) but it must be a twin.

My funds are obviously limited hence my research.

Many thanks

I don't understand what you don't understand. There is no such thing as a twin (or multi-engine) helicopter rating in FAA land. Now if you are looking for any helicopter rating in a twin, I can't help you, but you better not have limited funds!

Edited by helonorth

Yeah, I realize there are are some international pilots on here, but even after being told twice there is no FAA multi-engine helicopter rating, he came back and asked the same question. The OP also titled the thread "Twin endorsement."(?)

Edited by helonorth

You know what..... On second thought, Yes! I will give you a twin endorsement. Will an Agusta 109 work? Youll need at least 11hrs in it before Ill sign you off for your twin engine endorsement/Agusta type rating. The training consists of ground and flight. Primarily you watching another instructor teach me how to fly one for 10 hours. Then you and I will go up for an hour and Ill sign you off :D Its that easy.

Edited by Flying Pig

Yeah, I realize there are are some international pilots on here, but even after being told twice there is no FAA multi-engine helicopter rating, he came back and asked the same question. The OP also titled the thread "Twin endorsement."(?)

He never asked for a FAA twin endorsement, did he? Its the people posting here who are ASSuming he is asking for one on a FAA certificate.

Edited by Pohi

He never asked for a FAA twin endorsement, did he? Its the people posting here who are ASSuming he is asking for one on a FAA certificate.

Since this is primarily a US based board, most people are safe in assuming he is in the US. He really needed to clarify where he is located, especially after the first FAA answer. It is a big world and we could give jamie a better answer if we knew where he is located.

Since this is primarily a US based board, most people are safe in assuming he is in the US. He really needed to clarify where he is located, especially after the first FAA answer. It is a big world and we could give jamie a better answer if we knew where he is located.

I see your point and agree, I'm just in a productive mood today and feel like trying to help the guy rather than beating the "there is no FAA" endorsement dead horse.

Let's g

Let's get real here. The OP has no idea what he's talking about. It's an educated guess.

Haha, true. Most of the people on the forums(including myself) have no idea what they are talking about, that's what makes them so entertaining.

Edited by Pohi

First of all I'd like to apologize to helonorth and Pohi for having "no idea what I'm talking about".

It's obvious I have offended them by making the serious offense of making an error in FAA terminology in there own private forum.

It's been many years since I've flown in the U.S and most of the countries I have flown in require a specific twin endorsement, hence my grave error.

My intention was to see if there was a school or Instructor who could do 10 hours of training in a twin helicopter in the U.S.

It is far cheaper to hire aircraft in the U.S than in the other countries I'm currently flying in.

Once again, sorry for my crime.

First of all I'd like to apologize to helonorth and Pohi for having "no idea what I'm talking about".

It's obvious I have offended them by making the serious offense of making an error in FAA terminology in there own private forum.

It's been many years since I've flown in the U.S and most of the countries I have flown in require a specific twin endorsement, hence my grave error.

My intention was to see if there was a school or Instructor who could do 10 hours of training in a twin helicopter in the U.S.

It is far cheaper to hire aircraft in the U.S than in the other countries I'm currently flying in.

Once again, sorry for my crime.

I'm sure you realize that 10 hours won't get you an endorsement without a properly certificated instructor and, I believe, a written test.

However, check with www.heli.com or Geoff at www.cloud9helicopters.com

• Like 1

Thanks C of G for your help.

It's hard to believe there are so little schools/ instructors who do twin training in the U.S?

To helonorth:

I understand you don't like new kids playing in your sandpit and promise to leave this forum to you from now on.

Thanks C of G for your help.

It's hard to believe there are so little schools/ instructors who do twin training in the U.S?

To helonorth:

I understand you don't like new kids playing in your sandpit and promise to leave this forum to you from now on.

Logically, there is very little reason for anyone to do it here. Again, for the FAA there is no such creature and if you're flying professionally, your employer keeps you current and qualified. Additionally, you need an instructor qualified to provide the training and endorsement. Not much financial incentive to do so when you can see by the responses on this forum, there isn't a big call for it.

Yes, that's correct. Although not likely. But it certainly is a possibility. There are several non-regulatory barriers that typically prevent it from occurring. The only aircraft the FAA requires a "type" in is one that has a certificated gross weight in excess of 12,500lbs regardless of engines.

That and the endorsement you need for an R22/44.

It begs the question what you need it for. The FAA doesn't break down heli like fixed wing (single engine land; multi engine; etc). After all, they fly the same primarily. I've thought the single engine approaches for an ATP, as an example, we're always superfluous for a helicopter. Flying an ILS on one engine in a heli is not the same as doing it in a fixed wing. There's really no extra technique required. Just a little power management on the missed.

I honestly don't know of any countries that have a multi engine certificate for helicopters. I'm saying that having done no research into it so they may very well for all I know. But many other countries do require a specific type for each model flown. that's why I was saying that you will be hard pressed to find a company offering the training.

Again, Bristow academy may and I know Geoff at Cloud 9 can hook you up with a twinstar and maybe even a 109.

Edited by C of G