BO105

I find it interesting when a Helicycle owner posts videos of him and his machine doing stuff, not much is said…..

Plus, the pro vs. wealthy hobbyist is an interesting discussion as well……

I think the difference lies in how those aircraft were being operated. I didn't see his B105 video but I do remember the Hughes 500 one.

I find it interesting when a Helicycle owner posts videos of him and his machine doing stuff, not much is said…..

Plus, the pro vs. wealthy hobbyist is an interesting discussion as well……

Didn't know that was the back story. The vid was deleted before I saw it. No wonder he never had to wait for wx, customers, etc.

I didn't see the video of the helicycle. If I did, I probably would have commented. In my aviation career I have noticed the owner operator, on average has skills that are marginal at best. The pro's are almost always by far better skilled pilots.

Mainly cause when your getting paid you fly in conditions where it's not fun sometimes. Not much point flying for a hobby if it's not fun.

Not my opinion but rather the way it is…….

The helicopter is a tool for the Pro’s… For the hobbyist, it’s a toy….

Most pro’s don’t get to choose the machine they fly. The hobbyist is free to choose…..

Pros’ can’t choose when, where and sometimes how to fly. The hobbyist is free to choose any or all….

I’ve never been wealthy enough to be a hobbyist helicopter pilot so I can’t imagine what that’s like. I can attest what it’s like to be a pro though……

I didn't see the video of the helicycle. If I did, I probably would have commented. In my aviation career I have noticed the owner operator, on average has skills that are marginal at best. The pro's are almost always by far better skilled pilots.

You've got to consider the fact that most owner/operators aren't out flying every day. I worked with a couple at my last job and they flew at the most two or three times a month. That's barely enough flying to maintain proficiency in a simple ship, and certainly not enough on a more complicated one. One of them had his own pilot and he occasionally took the controls, and you could tell it was him because he would churn the butter like crazy.

On the other hand, I worked with a gentleman who owned an R44 and flew it on a regular basis. He was a great pilot and would give many guys I work with a run for their money.

]OK……I read the comments; too funny to "not" reply.

C'mon…….. Who really has never had to wait for wx? I guess I need to put my sarcastic comments in pink from here on out.

Regardless, if you want to make judgmental comments about other Pilots and there videos, they hey……..put up YOUR OWN videos so the playing field is level. Otherwise, I can't see how it could be anything else other than sour-grapes.

https://vimeo.com/43498302

Anyway: Enjoy……or don't. Like you said, I'm a hobbyist so….. :D

Edited by DS_HMMR

A 105 on high skids is a close second to the Westland Scout/Wasp for the ugliest helicopter ever made. You should wear visors down when you fly that thing, else you'll be recognized "dating ugly" and sober. Looked like fun.

You should probably stop the terrain flight over houses... Other than that it's a cool video.

but arent the houses part of the terrain ? !?!?!?!

if i pull of such flying in the EC145 or BK177B2 , I would be out of a job and the FAA would give me a call the next day.

but then again. Flying is not one of my hobbies, its my job.