WOFT training film

Good video. Felt weird watching it today because I had my last flight in the 58D at flight school today. Going to be the Distinguished Honor Grad too. Feels great.

• Like 2

Don't tell anyone in your troop that, though...

Actually, I was going to recommend he introduce himself to everyone he meets with that statement...

• Like 1

Actually, I was going to recommend he introduce himself to everyone he meets with that statement...

"Hi I was distinguished honor grad so you don't need to progress me or anything. I expect I'll be ready for a PC ride as soon as I get an LAO and a weekend to review the 95-1. Who's your MTP? I need to discuss a few things with him about systems."

• Like 2

"Hi I was distinguished honor grad so you don't need to progress me or anything. I expect I'll be ready for a PC ride as soon as I get an LAO and a weekend to review the 95-1. Who's your MTP? I need to discuss a few things with him about systems."

I graduated flight school with a guy who was literally like this (except he wasn't honor grad). He would challenge the IPs in stump the chump, and not in an open minded, trying to learn kind of way. 6 years later he's still a PI.

Jeez guys I am not a douchebag. :ph34r:

It made me proud to be #1, and more importantly it made my parents and wife happy. And I get a AAM. Woohoo.

Edited by akscott60

Jeez guys I am not a douchebag. :ph34r:

It made me proud to be #1, and more importantly it made my parents and wife happy. And I get a AAM. Woohoo.

It's going to be 10x as bad when you get to your troop. Prepare yourself. When you get there just stay quiet, I don't care what everyone is talking about or how much you know about the subject. Just keep your mouth shut and absorb what they are saying. Do your best at the WOJG duties like cleaning the urinals and stocking the toilet paper and study hard. And keep your mouth shut! If they find out you were honor grad or have an AAM from flight school you have spoken way too much.

Edited by SBuzzkill

Now compare that video to a super recent video from BWS. Whoever made the video used a little fast forward action for some of the flying near the trees I think, but still a pretty good little video of the OH-58AC.

BWS is still my favorite course at Fort Rucker (so far), bar none.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a5jXoeld71c#!

It's going to be 10x as bad when you get to your troop. Prepare yourself. When you get there just stay quiet, I don't care what everyone is talking about or how much you know about the subject. Just keep your mouth shut and absorb what they are saying. Do your best at the WOJG duties like cleaning the urinals and stocking the toilet paper and study hard. And keep your mouth shut! If they find out you were honor grad or have an AAM from flight school you have spoken way too much.

Oh no problem. I am not a young cocky a**hole like some of the guys in my class. I am old and happy to be here...and I know jack and sh*t about the Army. I am sure I wont be able to speak for quite a while...

Edited by akscott60

I wouldn't go that far. If you don't participate in table talk sessions with the other pilots people are going to assume you don't know anything. Showing off what you know without being cocky and indicating you want to continue learning and gaining experience is the best way to present yourself.