VERY SAD NEWS FOR VR MEMEBERS

Laides & Gentlemen...

I am sorry to tell everyone, but ADRidge(Andrew) was one of the pilots killed in the WA state 44 crash. I just talked to him 2 days ago, and he was super excited about going up there for the cherry drying contract. They trailered the 44's from TX. I had the wonderful chance to meet Drew a few years back, and he was one of thee nicest guys. Talked to him frequently, and he was in love with Sarah too. Dennis will agree about Drew. A VERY SAD DAY.

Rob

R91

I mentored Andrew at a C&E Seminar at Heli Ops last August. He drove 14 hours to attend because he wanted to be a great career helicopter pilot.

Since that time he got his CFI and found a job in Texas flying utility missions of some sort.

We e-mailed a few days ago while he was on the way up to position to dry cherries.

DP and I had tears in our eyes while discussing the sad news of his demise.

With all the innocent heckling that goes on amongst us here on forums, I want to take a moment and say we are a brotherhood and should support each other as best we can.

Be Safe

Mike

• Like 3

I mentored Andrew at a C&E Seminar at Heli Ops last August. He drove 14 hours to attend because he wanted to be a great career helicopter pilot.

Since that time he got his CFI and found a job in Texas flying utility missions of some sort.

We e-mailed a few days ago while he was on the way up to position to dry cherries.

DP and I had tears in our eyes while discussing the sad news of his demise.

With all the innocent heckling that goes on amongst us here on forums, I want to take a moment and say we are a brotherhood and should support each other as best we can.

Be Safe

Mike

Mike, I was at that seminar and met him for the first time after talking to him here several times. When he said how far he came for the seminar, all I thought was "now that is dedication". Sad for someone with real determination and will to be great go so soon.

AD was a great guy and will be sorely missed. I don't even know what to say beyond that....I love what Mike said. All we can do is help where we can and move forward with an even stronger committment to safety.

RIP.

Goldy

An unfortunate side effect to our profession, and one that happens all to often.

RIP buddy, not that it lightens the situation, but you died doing what you loved.

Drew.jpg

Drew.. i miss you already buddy!!

He was so genuine and relentless it was inspiring, in fact, i told people about him all the time. He always answered his phone and was always there when i needed him or had a question about whatever (mostly things that go ‘BANG’.. :-). I always looked forward to seeing him at the expo or whenever he visited us next... he flew into Heli-Ops at least three times in different helicopters and drove all night to make Mike’s Seminar (AND he showed up with a dress shirt and tie; always the professional).

‘Relentless’, he was just that, he never gave up and kept moving forward no matter what. Even when things seemed down for him he was positive and happy and turned them around... knowing he would triumph in the end.. and he did. I hope his family knows how special he was, and how he touched so many people with his positive attitude and propensity for giving back.

blue skies sir...

dp

• Like 3

This is TERRIBLE. I followed ADRidge's progress closely as he was just a few months ahead of me in training. This really hits home as a wake-up call, and is just absolutely tragic.

To say I knew him is to say I knew him as ADRidge from this forum. Even though he was just getting started in this business, his advice was sound and reasonable. His attitude reflected a true professional and a very likeable guy. Thoughts and prayers are with him and his own.

RIP ADRidge. I didn't know you but I enjoyed your contributions to this forum. Another sad day in this industry.

I only knew ADRidge through this forum but as is always the case in this industry, we were only one step removed several times over. Tragic to lose a budding professional with a sound mind and dedicated heart. His contributions will be missed and my heart goes out to his family.

RIP and thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends. As others have mentioned, I only knew him through this forum. Thanks to Dennis, I can at least put a face to the name. A sad day for all aviators. Till we meet again, blue skies and fair winds.

Steve

It is a sad day, indeed. I only knew him from his posts here.

What has happened to Andrew demonstrates and underlines how dangerous what he/we love to do is. A life has been lost, and unfortunately nothing can be done about that now, but I hope that at least the other guy survives.

Please watch for those wires. If even just one life is saved tomorrow, because we became more aware of how deadly those wires can be, then we should all thanks Andrew for the great service he provided to us, with his tragic demise.

I truly hope and wish that this is the last thread of this kind, and that we will never have to mourn for another fellow pilot.

From personal experience I can attest to what wopilot said, it is a relief that at least Andrew died doing what he loved to do.