sending the flight physical to Fort Rucker

That is what I thought happened also. After the flight physical was complete, I specifically asked him if they send it to Rucker, he replied "No, you do that" and gave us all the medical papers. My recruiter doesn't know what to do, so I am trying to figure it out. Should we just call the base where I took the flight physical and ask them? I took it at an Air force base, if that makes a difference.

They can transmit things digitally as well, at least that is what my Guard unit did. I think the problem is that the AF medical folks don't have access to that system and can probably only give you a paper copy.

After my physical was sent down to Rucker, a status was posted online. The recruiter checked it. Rucker requested more information for my LASIK, and the flight surgeon responded to Rucker over the database.

I was still in the Air Force at the time, so I don't think you have to be a military or Army member to be loaded into that system, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if this is the same as MEDPROs or not.

You might just call a flight surgeon at an Army base and see if you can get some answers. Or have your recruiter do that. They should know the process if you can pin one down to ask.

That is what I thought happened also. After the flight physical was complete, I specifically asked him if they send it to Rucker, he replied "No, you do that" and gave us all the medical papers. My recruiter doesn't know what to do, so I am trying to figure it out. Should we just call the base where I took the flight physical and ask them? I took it at an Air force base, if that makes a difference.

Ah, well, being the AF does change things a bit. It's still not "you". You shouldn't actually get your medical records, what with the ability to tamper with them and all. Not saying you WOULD, just that you COULD. The recruiter needs to find out who it gets sent to. Like I said, it's not something the end user is going to be doing, in any event. (In that you should not personally be taking the results, putting them in an envelope, etc etc)

http://www.rucker.amedd.army.mil/

I would start there, to try to get hold of someone who can give you answers. From a PDF on the site (the 'walk in flight services' link) "For all other Aviation or up-slip issues please call 255-7000 for Appointments." That's 334 for the area code.

Good luck. You'll likely have a hard time, you might be better off having the recruiter give it a shot first.

Edited by CharyouTree

Thank you for all the help Sir.

My recruiter is the one with the medical records, makes sense that I should not be in possession of them (for the reasons you mentioned). I will be calling him tomorrow to see if he has found any new information on sending it, and will give him the number you posted. This is the last main thing to complete before the board interview, so I'm eager to get it done.

This is the problem I'm running into now. I'm currently in the Marine Corps so I had my physical completed through the Navy. Once I was trying to get them to send it to Rucker I got blank stares. So I have copies of the completed physical in my possession and medical is awaiting my instructions for them to send the originals.

• 2 weeks later...

My flight physical has been sent to Ft Rucker according to battalion. I know recruiters can look at the progress of the flight physical online (completed, need more information etc.). My question is, how does a recruiter do this? Would anyone have the number or email of their recruiter that has experience with this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

My TMC Doc received a fax back from Rucker with a stamp on it 6 hours after he sent it. I do not know how other places do it, but it didnt take any time at all. I think my recruiter let me know on Tuesday after they sent it on that previous Friday.

If my flight physical came back that fast I would be ecstatic. I have heard they can take from a few weeks up to a few months. I am trying to have my battalion board scheduled in August and the only thing holding me back is the flight physical approval. Since I didn't take the flight physical at an Army base, Battalion had to send my physical to Ft Rucker. I want to keep track of physical so I can see when it is approved. I will then have my recruiter call battalion and speed things up, instead of waiting for them to contact us.