So... Where does that leave production and support for the 300 series?

I honestly have no idea. Sikorsky sold a very large batch of the tools that were used to mold and make the 300 parts to 3rd party suppliers, like Sikorsky does with just about everything now. I guess the fact remains that they closed and laid off all the people that built the 300 and it's parts. If nothing is going on with the 300 line at Coatsville, I wonder the answer myself. Hopefully over the next year things will get up and running.

now, something naive (if not stupid), since I am pretty unfamiliar with the whole issue: but my question is if it is possible to get parts from other manufacturers around the world, that make (or used to make?) the same helicopter.

And I am saying this having BredaNardi of Italy in my mind. As you can see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughes_TH-55_Osage#NH-300C at the "Variant" section, it mentions "NH-300C License-built 269C by Italian aircraft manufacturing firm BredaNardi" so at some point in time they were producing pretty much the same aircraft.

I am clueless if they are still making it or not, but if they are (or if there is another factory somewhere else) would you guys be able to get parts from them?