Robinson R -44 is safe enough to ride?

KoreanPooh

Robinson R -44 is safe enough to ride?

I doubt it....

But price is very low and very popular..

Actually I don't know anything about it..

I have still idea about two engine helicopter is better than one..

even it is old...

What are you think about it?

And can you recommend me cheappest two engine helicopter?

Two engines is better than one, but you are comparing apples and oranges if you are trying to decide between a twin and an R-44.

First, you need to find out what your price range is. Then you need to figure out what you really want out of a helicopter. Only then can you decide what would fit your needs.

The R44 is relatively safe. They have some quirks, but so does every other helicopter I have ever flown. My only real problem with Robinson is their marketing/sales department and some of the hoops they make you jump through. I think it's a little rediculous. But they are self insured so they reserve the right to put you through whatever hoops they feel is necessary to mitigate the risk of you crashing one of their aircraft (and potentially suing them).

I have to say... you have been posting questions on this forum about buying a helicopter, and which one to buy, but you don't seem to know anything about aircraft, and some of the aircraft you have mentioned have ranged from the million dollar mark to the 350,000 dollar mark. That's a big range and a lot of differences.

I presume you are not a pilot of any sort. So you will be hiring a pilot to fly you around? Perhaps you should talk to someone that is in a similar situation but actually has an aircraft and pilots that they use to ferry them around. Most of us on this forum are way too poor to buy our own aircraft so getting solid advice here on that topic is going to be tough.

Perhaps contacting a company like this http://www.usaaircraft.com/ would get you some solid answers and maybe even be able to find you exactly what you need.

I have to say... you have been posting questions on this forum about buying a helicopter, and which one to buy, but you don't seem to know anything about aircraft, and some of the aircraft you have mentioned have ranged from the million dollar mark to the 350,000 dollar mark. That's a big range and a lot of differences.

I presume you are not a pilot of any sort. So you will be hiring a pilot to fly you around? Perhaps you should talk to someone that is in a similar situation but actually has an aircraft and pilots that they use to ferry them around. Most of us on this forum are way too poor to buy our own aircraft so getting solid advice here on that topic is going to be tough.

Perhaps contacting a company like this http://www.usaaircraft.com/ would get you some solid answers and maybe even be able to find you exactly what you need.

hmmm

sarcasm??

btw I will buy helicopter first and then learn it... because in here helicopter is too rare..

I'm not that rich .. a million dollars is very big money I think so too..

But.. It's big step to ground to air.. I must join the aircraft's wave..someday aircraft is very popular and I will make my helicopter...

It's for making helicopter not just joy..

No sarcasm here. I'm just curious what your goals are and where your interest stems from.

Thank you ... in this forum one guy. blame me.. In Korea If I try to buy chopper they blame or mark at me first ...

I'm nervous about it...

Thank you and sorry...

It's first step for aircraft actually It's not my super dream driving helicopter It's just beginning of my dream... make car+ helicopter...

So I really care about my safe and life :) I must live at making helicopter + car...

and much more..

price mean no difference me... except cheapest

r44 cheapest... maybe put 1 or 2 more engine in r44 = r46... most safest.

now not old, not unsafe and cheapest.

actually I don't know anything about it either. ;)

Hahaha I can make more engine at that helicopter but... I can't guranttee about safe haha I think rotor will break down...

Hmm I must sujest that ideat to Korea company...hmmm I must touch that company end of years too...