SIFT INFORMATION

Already contacted the POC for the SIFT and he said that MEPS will be administering it "soon." I'd just like to get this knocked out ASAP though. I don't know if "soon" means March, end of April, etc and if other people have been taking it, there has got to be a way, somewhere. Just might have to travel.

...or December. It is the Army and it is MEPS. ;-) haha... I know, not funny.

• Like 2

Here is a list of all the Army Education Centers also, which from what directives say will start administering the SIFT

https://www.goarmyed.com/public/public_goarmyed-education_centers.aspx

I took mine at Campbell Army Ed center. It took a few phone calls around but we finally got it cleared. Nashville MEPS stated they would not have the exam ready till the end of March

I took mine at Ft Indiantown Gap. The lady tried to tell us we were not authorized to take it. I insisted we were. She called her station commander to get approval for us to take it.

When you insisted that we are allowed to take it, did you reference anything/anyone specifically?

Our recruiter dropped myself and another civilian off...so I basically said that we were told we HAD to take it, and that no other places were currently offering the test. I don't know, maybe we got lucky?!

Possibly we did! Is the other Civilian board ready for Mar?

BREAKING NEWS:

I just received an email back from Mr. Drake at Army Personnel Testing. He said that "MEPS Stations are all expected to be up and ready to give the SIFT on or after 8 March."

Thanks electron for pushing me to send that email.

BREAKING NEWS:

I just received an email back from Mr. Drake at Army Personnel Testing. He said that "MEPS Stations are all expected to be up and ready to give the SIFT on or after 8 March."

Thanks electron for pushing me to send that email.

To add to this -- Mr. McCarrier from USMEPCOM gave me a call and explained that if anyone is going for the MARCH board and is having trouble taking the SIFT, he can personally intervene and make sure that you get tested at your local MEPS. He will ensure that you are given the test there. He emphasized that you are not allowed to take the SIFT at the Army Education Centers, per policy, and agreed that those who have done so already were an exception to policy via Army Personnel Testing because of their March board status.

For all future applicants (May, etc boards), MEPS should have the test now or by March 8 at the latest. Your recruiter must submit a "Request for Examination" just like with the ASVAB, and can contact the Senior Liaison NCO and the Recruiting Liaison Office at the local MEPS. He also stated that MEPS probably won't be offering the SIFT every day, but likely once per week (similar to the AFAST). If anyone continues to have trouble with MEPS and the SIFT, send me a PM and I will give you his direct phone number. He's extremely helpful.

• Like 3

Just so I am on the same page as everyone. There is no execption for AFAST for the March board right? You have to have the SIFT if you are getting boarded in March, does that sound about right?

That is correct--the SIFT is required without exception.

Which is werid cause my Recruiter called today saying that I need to take the SIFT on March 6th. Thats 5 days before the Board. My packet has already been submitted to USAREC. What amazes me is that I have been telling them since Oct 2012, the SIFT is coming. And was told no, no. Dont worry about... Oh well, embrace the suck!

Which is werid cause my Recruiter called today saying that I need to take the SIFT on March 6th. Thats 5 days before the Board. My packet has already been submitted to USAREC. What amazes me is that I have been telling them since Oct 2012, the SIFT is coming. And was told no, no. Dont worry about... Oh well, embrace the suck!

I'd recommend obviously getting your SIFT score to USAREC the same day you take it, and perhaps giving them a call personally to let them know to look for it. Heck, give them a call tomorrow and tell them your situation. Actually, ftxag, send me a PM and I'll give you that phone number I mentioned up above. Call Mr. McCarrier and I bet he can get you into MEPS to take it well before the 6th, EVEN if meps is telling your recruiter they don't have it yet. He has the authority to do so.