SIFT INFORMATION

does anyone knkw the score ranges yet? how does a 66 play out? whats perfect?. sry been out of the loop for a while now and trying to catch up

Tydaddy, Yamer's been at BCT and about to start AIT and doesn't have much time to read the whole thread right now so I'm gonna cut him a break. ;-)

Yamer, scores range from 20-80 with 40 being a passing score and a 50 being around average.

As a note, the administrar had done 3 tests before myself, one failed at a 39, one got in the low 40's, and one got a 50. That might help you out Yamer. From what I know, 50-ish is average and 80 is perfect.

Failing at a 39...ouch.

Lindsey,

You mentioned you have good information that the board doesn't see our sift score. Would the same source say that they didn't see our afast score as well? I ask because I'm fairly certain the afast score was seen because recruiters were given average scores of those selected each board. If the score wasn't a factor then why would those scores be released? I sure hope they see our scores.

(Tried to send this as a message but it wouldn't send.)

Lindsey,

You mentioned you have good information that the board doesn't see our sift score. Would the same source say that they didn't see our afast score as well? I ask because I'm fairly certain the afast score was seen because recruiters were given average scores of those selected each board. If the score wasn't a factor then why would those scores be released? I sure hope they see our scores.

(Tried to send this as a message but it wouldn't send.)

From what I know...I've been selected at 2 different boards...one pre sift, one post...they do see the afast scores and do not see the sift scores - right now. The selection board has the ability to compare afast scores to a large data set of past applicant afast scores. The sift is so knew so there is nothing to compare to at this point so they're collecting data and will continue to compare afast/sift scores. But as I understand it...the selection board, currently, does not see the sift scores.

• Like 1

From what I know...I've been selected at 2 different boards...one pre sift, one post...they do see the afast scores and do not see the sift scores - right now. The selection board has the ability to compare afast scores to a large data set of past applicant afast scores. The sift is so knew so there is nothing to compare to at this point so they're collecting data and will continue to compare afast/sift scores. But as I understand it...the selection board, currently, does not see the sift scores.

I concur!

That's great news for me! This means my 59 will look the same as everyone elses score. It just doesn't make complete sense to me though. Even if they have nothing else to compare scores to... they will always have the other packets to compare to. It's just so hard for me to believe that they wouldn't use every bit of information they can get. The only thing I can come up with is that they don't want them making decisions based on scores yet. For instance: how much better is a 75 than say a 59. They would know it's better but how much weight does that higher score carry?

• Like 1

That's great news for me! This means my 59 will look the same as everyone elses score. It just doesn't make complete sense to me though. Even if they have nothing else to compare scores to... they will always have the other packets to compare to. It's just so hard for me to believe that they wouldn't use every bit of information they can get. The only thing I can come up with is that they don't want them making decisions based on scores yet. For instance: how much better is a 75 than say a 59. They would know it's better but how much weight does that higher score carry?

Precisely - they don't have enough data on the sift yet to know what the normal distribution looks like. Is 60 average? High? Is 50 low? Because the test, and therefore, data is so new, I'm sure they're tracking and looking for correlations for future use.

It's true that not enough applicants have taken the test to see the actual averages, but how'd they establish the minimum score? As in, what if the average of the test takers is only 25, or maybe it was really good at 75? Why isn't the test score a simple pass/fail if they can't see it? Personally I find it hard to believe that the score isn't listed in the packet to compare to the other applicants. I mean, we are competing against the other applicant at that current board. Either way, like everything else in the packet, give 110%.

Maybe, just maybe, the score is only given to us so we all post it on this site and they can match our user names to our packet. :lol: Only kidding! ...or am I...

• Like 3

Personally I find it hard to believe that the score isn't listed in the packet to compare to the other applicants.

Exactly. choosing between 2 identical packets except one is a perfect 80 and the other is a 40. sucks for the candidate with the 80.

Exactly. choosing between 2 identical packets except one is a perfect 80 and the other is a 40. sucks for the candidate with the 80.

Letters of Recommendation are never going to be completely identical, and those are going to be weighed much more than a new SIFT score in my opinion. Reference the post I made a little while ago in the May Civilian board quoting the Chief WO of the Aviation Branch.

Letters of Recommendation are never going to be completely identical, and those are going to be weighed much more than a new SIFT score in my opinion.

I agree 100%. 2 packets will never be identical. also, only so much can be derived from a test score which, even though your not supposed to be able to study for, you can. Every part of the packet plays a certain role in speaking for a candidate.

It just seems odd to me that... given a rare hypothetical situation where you have 2 very similar packets, the SIFT scores are withheld from that decision. In this situation I feel that there is a huge difference between a candidate with an 80 and one with a 40.

Anyways... just bouncing my curious thoughts off this thread. We are all probably thinking too deeply about this and for good reason. For many of us this is our life right now and selection is crucial. It's been said many times before and many more to come... Give 110% and none of this matters anyway. :D

• Like 1

thank you lindsey, i tried to send you a pm but youre not accepting them it said

Might be inbox is full. I'll delete some stuff when I get home to a computer. I'll send you a PM after.

Are anyone elses "likes" not showing up in posts?

The forum sends me a notification that someone "likes" my post, but when i go to it the "like" doesn't show up anymore. This just recently changed within the last week or so and I can't figure it out.

In fact, no ones "likes" show up on any post now that I'm looking at it. WTF?