SIFT INFORMATION

Lindsey - will you be on the March board?

I have to take the SIFT before I am allowed to take my Flight Physical (again). If Rucker turns it around in time, yes, I will be on the March board. Recruiter is dodging a bit--trying to figure out how often they are administering the SIFT here.

I have to take the SIFT before I am allowed to take my Flight Physical (again). If Rucker turns it around in time, yes, I will be on the March board. Recruiter is dodging a bit--trying to figure out how often they are administering the SIFT here.

I'm going to message you some info that may help given your info I've seen from the past few months. I literally just finished the whole process, SIFT included.

• Like 1

That's what I'm wondering. On the AFAST it asked if you had flight experience, how much, etc. I'd be bummed if they dropped that. It does make sense though, because prior flight experience does not have much bearing on future performance as an Army Aviator.

In the same vain, anyone looking at your AFAST/SIFT score will likely be looking at your resume as well and will realize you have significant prior flight experience. I wouldn't count the SIFT not having biographical history as them not caring about your past flight experience.

• Like 2

So my progress just took another big hit, I found out I cant apply for the AD board because I am a interservice transfer and I have less then 12 months on my contract unless I get an extension. That will more then likely not happen due to the fact my CoC doesnt like the fact I dont wanna stay Navy and hasnt helped me much thus far, I did origionally apply for the DD368 over a year out but was denied. So now im waiting for a local recruiter familiar with WOFT to call me back so I can explore my options to apply from the civilian side when i seperate. Man this sucks putting all this work in and getting blind sided over and over but im not giving up by any means..still going to take the SIFT in 2 days at fort meade...have a good week everyone!!

Took the SIFT on Monday, first one to take it in Okinawa, passed it too! Now if dental would stop finding things with my teeth and sign off on my paperwork I could get on with the rest of it....

Took the SIFT on Monday, first one to take it in Okinawa, passed it too! Now if dental would stop finding things with my teeth and sign off on my paperwork I could get on with the rest of it....

You in Camp Hansen? Last time I was in Oki was in '05. I hear there isn't much drinking around there these days. Anyhow, dental was something that held up my packet too since I had to keep having to come back so i can get my physical signed off. This post just made me laugh a bit.

In actually on Camp Foster.

SIFT -

Simple Shapes - 5 images, pick the one that's different. IIRC, there are 100 of them in 2 minutes. Easy.

Hidden Figures - Similar to the AFOQT. Shapes will be the same size and orientation as in the key, but you gotta find it. PITA.

Army Aviation Knowledge - Has questions regarding flight controls, flight dynamics, airframes used, etc. Not overly hard, some questions you wouldn't think of though.

Math - Algebra and word problems mainly. They provide formulas on the side, but don't think because they are they they are the ones you need.

Reading Comprehension - Read the passage, answer the question based off of information ONLY in the passage. Leave your brain alone on this one. Just use the passage for the answer. Seriously.

Mechanical - Lots of drawings and figures. Pretty straight forward stuff. Not difficult.

Overall, not too hard of a test, but it will tax you at times if you are not 100% prepared. I'll be perfectly honest, I didn't study at all the day prior (test anxiety, had to do something else to keep my mind off it) and passed it on the first try.

I scored a 57 on the SIFT, with 40 being the minimum passing and 80 being the max possible.

Hope this better informs some of you, and best of luck to those about to take it.

• Like 5

You guys, I bet you hardly ever go up to the regular "General Helicopter" forum, but check this out, I burst out laughing (scroll down to eagle5's post near the end):

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/16528-fool-me-once-shame-on-you-fool-me-twice/

• Like 1