WOCS, BOLC & Flight School...My Take

The removal of inflection is a dangerous thing. Try to take online postings in context as people are usually less extreme than they "sound."

Yes, but in this instance, it had a purpose being said in the first place. It could just as easily have been "the NG guys don't count against you". There's a certain negative connotation to the word pogue, just like some other choice terms that are out there.

Despite the last 10 years of proving ourselves as a capable force, there's still a lot of AD folks that like to look down on us, for reasons I don't quite get.

Whatever.

Most of it is probably good natured. The sincere insults are going to be from people who haven't worked with the guard or had one bad instance. The first guard unit I saw in action was strikingly horrible. After that I realized, just like active duty, they can be anywhere in the spectrum.

Also my post was more directed at the less restrained responder who just entered the military. The initial rebuttal wasn't over the top.

Edit: I also have good friends that are Guard...Jeez now I feel like I'm being accused of racism!

:lol:

(Emoticon added to ensure statement not taken on face value)

• Like 2

You will make your formal request as to where you want to go.

Since you pick the air frame from available seats, do you also pick stations similarly? I suppose that only some of the stations need pilots at a given point.. so as an example, if I am given the 64, do I make my request from all the stations that have 64's in their units, or will I be given a list to request from?

Most of it is probably good natured. The sincere insults are going to be from people who haven't worked with the guard or had one bad instance. The first guard unit I saw in action was strikingly horrible. After that I realized, just like active duty, they can be anywhere in the spectrum.

Also my post was more directed at the less restrained responder who just entered the military. The initial rebuttal wasn't over the top.

Edit: I also have good friends that are Guard...Jeez now I feel like I'm being accused of racism!

:lol:

(Emoticon added to ensure statement not taken on face value)

I understand. There are a lot of guys though that have no experience with guard at all, and are going by what other ignorant people are saying... Much like racism!

• 2 weeks later...

I just graduated about 30 days ago (see other post) and I would agree with what the OP says on sticking with PT but I would also say 5 & 9's are JUST AS IMPORTANT. I showed up having CHPT 5 on lock and knew CHPT 9 very well. My stick buddy was a good stick but studied way less than me. In the end we got similiar grades but I was never talked to when I had a shitty day flying. He on the other hand took numerous ass chewings from our IP about not knowing 5 & 9. If you show up day one knowing your limits and Ep's it makes studying at night much less at the start. Plus I had a 1 year old son so I tried to balance family/flight school which was tough but very managable. Stay ahead of the game and you will go far.

I just graduated about 30 days ago (see other post) and I would agree with what the OP says on sticking with PT but I would also say 5 & 9's are JUST AS IMPORTANT. I showed up having CHPT 5 on lock and knew CHPT 9 very well. My stick buddy was a good stick but studied way less than me. In the end we got similiar grades but I was never talked to when I had a shitty day flying. He on the other hand took numerous ass chewings from our IP about not knowing 5 & 9. If you show up day one knowing your limits and Ep's it makes studying at night much less at the start. Plus I had a 1 year old son so I tried to balance family/flight school which was tough but very managable. Stay ahead of the game and you will go far.

So when can you start studying 5 & 9 information, WOCS or once you get to B-Co?

So when can you start studying 5 & 9 information, WOCS or once you get to B-Co?

I looked over them before WOCS, but I am starting now that I am in Bco. Even if I dont remember them perfectly, I will at least be familiar with them when I get to where I am studying hard. Concentrate on WOCS first IMO

As far as BOLC goes, forget the rumors about ditching the 7-8 week course, it is still going on. And why the Bravo/Delta split? We're still in class together.

We were told if had to do with fraternization and bringing the levels down to a manageable level. Also that the WO corp is cooler, so we wanted to be separate haha

• 2 weeks later...

Managing the companies makes sense, but sitting side by side, being and working in teams together and everything else doesn't cut down on fraternizing.

I talked to someone yesterday about it. They've been trying to do OPD from the cadre to the students, and it didn't really work for a W2, W3 to be doing so with an LT. It's an administrative difference only. There will be no change academically. (That is, LTs are still going to get warrants as their IPs, stick buddies, and classmates.)

From an earlier thread. Accurate source.