The cat ate my Zulu microphone

Heads up folks...

My cat bit the microphone on my Zulu headset. Lightspeed refuses to repair the headset. They used the lame excuse that there is some kind of biohazard on the microphone.

They must not understand that helicopter pilots sneeze and sweat.

I suggested cutting off the boom and sending it to them, but was told that would void my warranty, so no service. Lightspeed refused to send replacement parts.

I am not pleased. I was told that next month they will be offering a $500 discount on their new Zulu2. Bose has a good reputation for service.

post-15520-0-34058000-1343253728_thumb.jpgpost-15520-0-24729100-1343253748_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jimbo: It seems like the problem isn't that they won't replace it, free of cost, but won't do anything about it.

The best part is that they won't let you send it with the mic cut off, because it'll void your warranty... what good is your warranty, if they won't work on an already unusable headset? :lol:

I would have been happy to pay for the repair/replacement, or to get the parts and have it fixed elsewhere. I am very disappointed with Lightspeed because they gave me no option whatsoever.

I also made the mistake of telling the truth as to how the microphone was damaged.

Edited by Little Red 22

Yeah, calling back a few times until you get somebody who isn't being an a-hole might work. Unless the person you talked to already talked to their manager.

Or they could be going with the medical insurance sop and just simply refusing the claim to see if you will push the issue.

Good news! Lightspeed reversed their course and customer service called me back with the right answer. They will repair my Zulu headset microphone with quick turn around and at a resonable price.

I am reminded that a product that does not have good support is a poor product. Lightspeed does understand this and intends to support their product. Thanks to the people who helped get the message to Lightspeed Aviation.

Everything is a cat toy, especially things that look like mice, mics.

post-15520-0-92047700-1343327805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Little Red 22

aeroscout

Posted Today, 20:56

Cats owned by cat people will make their owners pay for the indiscretion sooner or later. Pilots should immediately get rid of any cats they have.

[/qUOTE]

My cats on the phone to your local chapter as we speak be afraid very afraid.

There is allways one N**b in a company you seem to have found that person, hope Zulu have taken steps to retrain or remove DSCF0076-1.jpg

Yeah, I could put my pitbull boxer in the room with your cat and he will gladly make her pay with lots of licks and cuddling! (I know what you thought I was going to say...they're not all mean vicious dogs!)