Battalion Board Interview

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just completed my Battalion board yesterday, had to hop in on an OCS board and just be the last guy interviewed but got it done and got fully recommended for selection by the board members. Just waiting to find out what they actually scored me. Other than that the packet is done and just waiting until March for the Review Board....one thing I'm curious of though is this, the guys at Battalion said they were going to try and get my packet pushed to the January board, what is the possibility of this actually occurring? Packet is done and ready, but is it even possible for it to get picked up early if USAREC doesn't extended the deadline for 153A?

• Like 2

Just completed my Battalion board yesterday, had to hop in on an OCS board and just be the last guy interviewed but got it done and got fully recommended for selection by the board members. Just waiting to find out what they actually scored me. Other than that the packet is done and just waiting until March for the Review Board....one thing I'm curious of though is this, the guys at Battalion said they were going to try and get my packet pushed to the January board, what is the possibility of this actually occurring? Packet is done and ready, but is it even possible for it to get picked up early if USAREC doesn't extended the deadline for 153A?

If you're a civilian the cutoff is 10 days before the board convenes. Only thing that may hold it up is Christmas exodus coming up. So its a possibility that you could make January.

If you're a civilian the cutoff is 10 days before the board convenes. Only thing that may hold it up is Christmas exodus coming up. So its a possibility that you could make January.

Well then I guess we're gonna see how this goes!! Thanks for the info. I guess the civilian cutoff is different than what USAREC shows on their website.

This will vary from one applicant to the next. Be prepared to "tell us a little about yourself"

Some common ones.

Why do you want to be a warrant officer.

Why should we chose you to be a warrant officer.

Why should we trust you with a 20 million dollar helicopter.

How does your family/wife/husband feel about you joining the military.

How do you feel about being deployed and away from your family for long periods of time

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wait the submission deadline is 10 days before the board and not the deadline listed on the woft recruitment website?!?!?!? I've had a fire under my butt trying to get my docs submitted by March 18th to make the May board.

Ok. Got an answer to my own question. My recruiter heard back from operations that the packet is due by the deadline Sift, flight physical and everything. The battalion board interview is after that usually around 10 days before the USAREC Board.

This was good news for me as I thought I had to have the interview completed before the deadline.

Ok. Got an answer to my own question. My recruiter heard back from operations that the packet is due by the deadline Sift, flight physical and everything. The battalion board interview is after that usually around 10 days before the USAREC Board.

This was good news for me as I thought I had to have the interview completed before the deadline.

It is my understanding that the battalion board interview must be completed prior to submitting your packet. It is considered to be a necessary part of your packet. I may be wrong but I know for mine, the recruiting battalion is who actually submitted my packet to USAREC. They would not submit it without me first completing the battalion board interview and having those recommendations included with my packet along with my DA photo that they took prior to my interview. I did my battalion board interview December 15th I believe and my packet was submitted either just before or right after Christmas and was picked up for the January USAREC board.

• 1 month later...

I completed my WOFT board recently and figured I could throw in some things that I did which others might find helpful.

-Professional Appearance and Demeanor-

When you carry yourself before/during/AFTER be sure to do so respectfully and professionally. You never know who is going to be in the recruiters office before hand and after. When you are wearing your dress clothes do not eat anything prior to the interview you would not want to wear/smell (nothing greasy and NO ALCOHOL). If you get sweaty keep a napkin in your pocket to wipe away sweat on the off chance you meet them prior to the board and shake hands (just reach in and squeeze it.) No gum or breath mints and take brush teeth/shave BEFORE you get in your suit. If you get psyched out create a checklist of things you need to do prior to the interview a few days in advance. Might seem silly but chance favors the prepared.

-Interview Process-

I tried to have five key things or ideas that I wanted the board to know about me. If given the opportunity I would try and make my answers return to reiterate these key points. As an example:

1. While civilian flight training is not military aviation, it shows that I am capable of learning aviation concepts in stressful environments.
  2. I want to serve my country and give back. Defending the United States will be how I can give back not to just my community but my country.
  3. This is an honor and opportunity to even be considered.
  4. I am applying to be a soldier first and aviator second.
  5. My work history, sports activities, and personal references show that you can rely on me.

I did the same thing with the army core values and would try and cite them in my answers as well.

I also spent a good two weeks practicing given the answers to these questions. Some people may disagree with having nearly wrote answers before hand but we all know the question of why you want to be a Warrant Officer is coming and I did not want to stumble over my words.

Another thing of note is that my interview did NOT have a aviator on it. I gambled that pitching my aviation experience would help me in the interview. I would reference my flight hours or the training I had received occasionally and they seemed impressed with that. If there was an aviation officer on the board as I would NOT stress my civilian experience nearly as much.

One thing to remember about the interview process is that it is structured and you have an idea of what to expect. I've heard some civilian aviation positions that have been everything to a informal dinner with the chief pilot, to a ridged interview like the board. You know exactly what you're walking into!

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all,

I've got a Bn board interview scheduled and ready! I've seen some civilian specific items such as the buttoning of the jacket but are there other specifics one should know before attending the board?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've got my Board interview tomorrow and man, I'm nervous. I feel really confident, I am just hoping to get some sleep tonight. I'll post my results tomorrow after the board!

• Like 2

Well I'm glad that's over with. I don't know my points but they said they would recommend me with full points. I'm hoping that's 75.

As far as questions and interview go it was pretty relaxed. The president of the board questioned me first then the other two after. They read directly off USAREC 601-91 appendix B. Toward the end of the interview they we're very friendly. The president even joked about all my letter of recommendation.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...