Don't study anything, wait till you get to flight school, and study the stuff they teach and how they teach it. Now If you want to just read, then there are plenty of books on the history of Army Aviation. But while you wait, start a PT program, and some weight training. If anything physical endurance is going to be very useful to you. So work on that. The flying will wear you out, the stronger and more physically fit you are the better. Get a leg up on the time you have between now and your school date.

Good advice. I would consider myself fairly fit. I can always get better though. I'll work this into my plans.

60 is the class size. Many of those will be Guard and Reserve, and some foreign nationals as well. The class is split in two for the flight line.

How many in your class were guard or reserve?

Plus us Guard/Reserve types don't select. You're really competing against a much smaller pool. The PT test really does make a huge difference. It is 14.2% of your order of merit list, which is more than any two of your check rides combined.

Good luck with Principles of Helicopter Flight. That book still feels too deep for me and doesn't have enough pictures. :P I just try to remember that when I pull one stick, I go up, and when I push the other one I move forward, backwards, or sideways.

Fact of life. Other than an occasional intentional 60 pick (we had two) the guns and scouts went first. The bottom 15 or so went 60s. It wasn't a selection for them......

Take that for what's its worth.

• Like 1

Fact of life. Other than an occasional intentional 60 pick (we had two) the guns and scouts went first. The bottom 15 or so went 60s. It wasn't a selection for them......

Take that for what's its worth.

How much fun is the OH-58 Kiowa compared to anything else you have flown in your life?

Honestly? It's amazing. 1.5lbs of control pressure. Super fast roll rate. Great avionics and navigation. No doors. f*cking machine guns, rockets and missiles. It's a dream to fly. It's just not very fast or powerful.

Honestly? It's amazing. 1.5lbs of control pressure. Super fast roll rate. Great avionics and navigation. No doors. f*cking machine guns, rockets and missiles. It's a dream to fly. It's just not very fast or powerful.

It's heavy, otherwise it might be faster and have more power in reserve.

• Like 1

If we wanted fast we'd fly jets. I'll take my helicopters thanks. ;) :lol:

But your down lower than anyone else right? So that should make it seem faster.

All I was saying was that if oh-58s are always on the deck at 90knots it should seem faster than being up at 1500 feet going 130knots.

I know, and there's a reason for it. I was wondering if you knew what it was. I figured someone else might chime in, if not you.

Well! I got "that" phone call last night. Apparently another state had someone unable to take their flight seat. They asked me if I could be at Ft. Rucker by the 30th of September!

Means I've got about two weeks to get my pre-req's done and my DL Classes complete. CRUNCH TIME!

While it wouldn't have changed much for me, I'm glad I didn't get one of those "be there by next Friday" calls.

Well! I got "that" phone call last night. Apparently another state had someone unable to take their flight seat. They asked me if I could be at Ft. Rucker by the 30th of September!

Means I've got about two weeks to get my pre-req's done and my DL Classes complete. CRUNCH TIME!

hey congrats... what route are you taking to do this again? street to seat or are you guard?