im just trying to figure out how one state couldn't fill a spot so they called you to fill it without having any paperwork in already... I want to be on that call list... where do I sign up!!! lol

Yeah. Happens rather often, for all sorts of different schools. Either they couldn't get anyone to fill it, or they had someone who for one reason or another couldn't make it (injury, etc). So, the states trade stuff around. I'm still not sure if say....Idaho gives Illinois a class starting next month, and Illinois gives one back that starts 6 months from now, or if it's just a "we'd rather someone have it, than it go back to the feds unused". Because...that's not good for anyone. Much like the budget, if you don't use it this year, you didn't need it, and aren't going to get it next year.

Comments above are my understanding of the system based on conversations, not as an actual S3 or training officer. All rights reserved.

• Like 1

I'm guard. I have been for about five and half years now. They are loading me for the school right now, I'm going to have about a week or two to complete the distance learning portion (online classes) of WOCS before leaving. My Federal Recognition board is being held on the 27th of September and I have to report to Ft. Rucker by the 30th at 8 a.m.

Gotta love deadlines!

Edit: I also have NO idea what I'm flying at this point. Everyone says that I will know before I leave but that date is getting closer and closer

I'm really leaning towards the UH-60 to be honest. I feel like the transferability and the deployment opportunities will be higher than with a CH-47. For example, you just stated that Arizona does not have CH-47's. What if I become a CH-47 Pilot and find the need to move to Arizona later in life? I'd have to attend another school to reclass.

Where as, a vast majority of other states have UH-60's. If I find the need to transfer (doubtful), I would be able to do so very easily with a UH-60.