Los Angeles Area Pilots !!!

Goldy

Two events coming up for the LA area pilots.

Next Monday, August 13th starting at 4:30pm show up at the Hollywood Bowl for the annual PHPA meeting. Enjoy the free concert listening to the LA Phil practice, get a nice dinner and learn a few things about noise in the LA basin. Just a reminder too, pay attention to the strobe lights in the hills behind the Bowl....that's your friendly reminder that there is an event going on!

Next, Saturday September 8th is the annual safety meeting at the Robinson Factory at TOA. Starts in the morning around 8am, ends with a nice lunch around 12:30. This event has always been a must attend for helicopter pilots all over So Cal. Flyin's are welcome.

www.phpa.org

Edited by Goldy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this thread, the annual safety meeting is Saturday Sept.8th starting at 8am..rsvp at www.phpa.org

VR's own Mike Franz will be speaking, and we will hear from Steven Bull, the pilot who survived the crash of an S-58 two years ago. Good stuff! Be there!

• Like 1

Jim,

Entrance fee makes you a member but you can join online and please RSVP at www.PHPA.org!

I should be at LAX by 11:30AM today.

See everyone tomorrow.

Mike

• Like 1

Goldy,

Thanks for the head's up, we'll see you there, please leave a little room on the ramp @ around 0730

HMMR- Great seeing your 105 flying in yesterday, got some pictures with DP's camera that we will have to post up..

Great time for sure, your speakers were just amazing.. the venue was pretty cool too.. many thanks to you and Kurt for making it happen Goldy.

It was so good to see old friends and meet ones that have been acquaintances here for so long.

More photos to come after Goldy goes thru them, here a a few:

I also got to fly the R66.. wow, have to admit that i really like it.. more on that later.

suz22.jpg4inarow.jpghmmr.jpgr66vr.jpg

• Like 2

To All,

Thank you PHPA for bringing me in to talk about and enhance Safety. Please remember that I asked for everyones help with all things discussed! Safety issues are for all of us to address.

Speakers Ed Story, Steve Bull & Tim Lynn discussed areas of interest and actual events. I tried to get everyone to look within themselves for valid ADM skills. I also presented an Intro to the FITS SBT Methodology from a FIRC. It was abbreviated to stay on schedule for other speakers. "Wings" credit was given for the Safety Seminar.

Attendees were friendly, enthusiastic and attentive. Thank you RHC for the hospitality and use of the training center. Lunch was good food and further networking in a relaxed atmosphere.

It was 2 and half long days for me (Fri. 4AM thru Sun. 11AM) but I know it was worth the fatigue. I have recovered and happy about having attended and getting to meet participating helicopter pilots and other industry people. I enjoyed networking within the industry and learn from so many people that I meet.

Thank you All,

Mike

Edited by Mikemv

Great time for sure, your speakers were just amazing.. the venue was pretty cool too.. many thanks to you and Kurt for making it happen Goldy.

It was so good to see old friends and meet ones that have been acquaintances here for so long.

I also got to fly the R66.. wow, have to admit that i really like it.. more on that later.

post-12263-0-05375600-1347285022_thumb.jpgpost-12263-0-73588200-1347285023_thumb.jpgpost-12263-0-90431400-1347285024_thumb.jpgpost-12263-0-38365400-1347285208_thumb.jpg

post-12263-0-05375600-1347285022_thumb.jpgpost-12263-0-73588200-1347285023_thumb.jpgpost-12263-0-90431400-1347285024_thumb.jpgpost-12263-0-38365400-1347285208_thumb.jpg

Good Stuff, Dennis!

The 3rd pic is of us on arrival, so that's Marcello at the controls (feet on pedals).

Good on you, for snapping the pic at 0730, as spec'd. (well done sir, well done).

Here's a link to the rest..

http://s298.photobuc.../RkyMtnHI2/LA2/

HMMR, DP and Mike, thanks all for showing up to this event. It was a lot of fun, I loved all the topics we had, some safety, some thinking internally how we can be better pilots, and listening to two pilots who actually went thru some scary times, one who is miraculously still with us!

Thanks again for all flying out ! Loved the 105 HMMR !

IMG_7467.jpg?t=1347231163

My fav shot, we had an R22, BO-105, R44, B47 and AS350 all fly in!

Goldy

Edited by Goldy