Frozone's progress

Lasik cost me about $2000 an eye ball. Well worth it. You see clearly immediately and just have to focus on putting the drops in a letting your eyes heal up. Don't go with a discount place when getting PRK or Lasik. Your vision is worth a few more bucks.

• Like 1

I am 30 now.

My opinion is that you shouldn't worry about whats your chances are given your age or what your chances are considering anything else. If this is what you want to do, and you want to pursue this before entertaining the idea of enlisting then go and do it. Don't let anyone discourage you from that.

All you can do it put together the best packet that you can. You are in total control of that. Your test scores, your LOR's are all in your hands. What the stats are really don't impact that. Aim for the highest possible standard on everything. From what everyone keeps saying, it's all about the needs of the Army and how your packet stacks up against the ones that it gets submitted with at USAREC. Your chances of getting picked up will be dependent on that and how many slots available. If you do the best you can on your packet, then that is all you can do. Have a backup plan, but If you don't get picked up, then re-evaluate the situation at that point.

• Like 2

Agreed. I was expecting to get asked about my age in my battalion board. While they did not ask directly about it, the asked me why now. Like Helipilot PTK said, there are positives and negatives to both sides of the age spectrum. If you are asked, always focus on the positives and be confident in that!

Is the glass half full or half empty?