Well, my adventure at Ft Rucker is over.......

For at least the time being. I cleared post and signed out of Bco (greatest feeling ever). Onward to greater things.

To everyone still at Mother Rucker: have fun and be safe.

Time for a road trip in a truck that weighs 4 times more than my 58D.

• Like 8

If y'all are interested in the ALSE course as a follow on, do it. It's a laid back genltemans course. I realized that I showed up to Rucker 10 Aug 2010. It's been a long damn time.

Very few people, if any, are going to be interested in how they did it at Mother Rucker. If you think you will be educating anyone by telling them it wasn't done that way at Rucker, you'll be in for an unpleasant surprise.

• Like 1

congrats skott and thanks for the advice you've provided all of us on the forums while maintaining your mother rucker awesomeness... it is appreciated and hope the best assignment possible for you and your wife!!!

• 2 weeks later...

For at least the time being. I cleared post and signed out of Bco (greatest feeling ever). Onward to greater things.

To everyone still at Mother Rucker: have fun and be safe.

Time for a road trip in a truck that weighs 4 times more than my 58D.

Congrats boss and welcome to the fleet!

Operational life isn't bad at all. I was forced to do the ALSE course (a course not for officers at all), but all is good.

Just be ready for a 5 & 9 test when you show up. I arrived here at Katterbach, Germany, freshly jet-lagged off the bus from a red-eye to Frankfurt, meeting the guys in my company for the first time. When I was passed to the Stands shop, they sat me down to 'fill out some paperwork". Yeah, that paperwork was a 5 & 9 test. Good times!

Other than that, all is good. Where'bouts are you going to be calling home?

Best of luck to you!!

Congratulations.

Please let us know how arrival at your first unit goes!

I'm selecting my advanced airframe this week; I'm looking forward to learning my aircraft and moving out of TRADOC to "the real Army." I'm looking forward to the day you just described.