Hand writing "Why I want to become an Army Aviator" letter

But if it doesn't LOOK like you actually put time/effort in it, what does that say about you. If it looks sloppy it shows that you're willing to just slap something together without taking your time or putting much effort into it. And if you're willing to just slap something together that actually has an impact on your future career/life, how are you going to handle future projects? I also think the content of the letter matters just as much. You're trying to make an impression on the board and make them remember you. In my opinion, this letter can hold a ton of weight in your package. That is if you do it right...

No kidding. What happened to attention to detail? It's quite important in Army aviation and can make a huge difference. "Nah, I've got the grids already written down on my knee board that's good enough, I can punch them in later." 10 minutes later you're on the range getting ready to shoot something with your M4 and instead of getting your mission done your PC is doing idiot circles while you build a battlefield graphic of your start and stop fire line.

• Like 1

No kidding. What happened to attention to detail? It's quite important in Army aviation and can make a huge difference. "Nah, I've got the grids already written down on my knee board that's good enough, I can punch them in later." 10 minutes later you're on the range getting ready to shoot something with your M4 and instead of getting your mission done your PC is doing idiot circles while you build a battlefield graphic of your start and stop fire line.

Is overreaction a huge part of Army aviation.

I personally don't think that tracing a computer printout would be the way to go. It shows that you can trace. Congratulations.

I'm hand writing mine tonight so that I can turn it in to my recruiter this week. My original question on this was should I use my all caps handwriting that I've been using for the last 15+ years or try to write in the traditional print. I've decided I'm going to use the all caps and I'm just going to draw my straight lines in pencil and erase once I'm done to keep it all neat looking.

• 1 year later...