SEPTEMBER SELECTION BOARD

So i just got the call, my packet is board ready and will go into the mix on Monday. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone been told how long it usually takes to get a response?

I forgot what day it was and thought you meant, THE call.

So my recruiter called, my packet is board ready and will go into the mix on Monday. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone been told how long it usually takes to get a response?

When was your battalion. I'm still trying to figure out if mine made the cutoff my battalion was the 29th. Did USAREC call you?

My battalion interview was the 28th. Other than asking your recruiter to check with USAREC to make sure it is "board ready", i am not sure how else you would be able to check.

My recruiter got an email from the G3 at USAREC confirming the status of my packet, but i think that was because of the time crunch and waiting on my flight physical to get approved.

26 years old

99 asvab

142 GT

134 AFAST

273 PFT

bachelors degree in finance 3.0 gpa

strong work history with leadership and high level of responsibility

lors from retired navy Lieutenant Commander - he was a chopper pilot, cw3 vietnam vet, cw2 active duty, and my state senator

I have convinced myself to be "surprised" if I get selected. I am still going to college, working two jobs, and flying whenever possible etc. If I get selected I will be ecstatic, if I don't I will keep on working towards a college degree/CPL(H) to make my packet as strong as possible the next time around.

I made the mistake of looking up statistics simply because I'm way too stubborn to go into this without realistically knowing my chances. Well turns out us enlisted guys have less than a 1 in 4 shot at selection, 23% got selected last year. 70% of the civilians got selected.

Kinda bummed me out, I won't get too stressed until Monday but now ill honestly be twice as surprised if I actually make it rather than if I don't. Before I was pretty much convincing myself that id be in wocs by the beginning of next year, now I'm mentally preparing myself that ill be in this same unit for awhile...

Never look at chances or stats, Sometimes you might not see what you like lol

I haven't convinced myself one way or the other. I just know i put the best packet I could together. There are some things i could have been more clear about in the battalion interview, but nothing i can do about it now. If my best isn't good enough right now then hopefully it will be at the second look. If not, then i will just have to decide on a path forward from there.

nightmare515, that is surprising because what had been posted recently was suggesting the opposite. I guess it just goes to show that you just can't predict how it will shake out, just do your best and go forward.

Nightmare,

Being prior AF, I watched AF officer selections fairly closely for a while. Two years ago it was heavy civilian selection rates, last year it was heavy enlisted selection rates. I remember a particular AF rated (flight) board that selected 100% of all AD applicants. The ones prior had been in the 50% range. You just never know until the results are released.

Just got off the phone with my recruiter, I was told he got an email confirming battalion sent everything to USAREC. Now its just a waiting game until Monday, Good luck to all.

I asked my recruiter the other day if everything was good to go and he said as far as he knew it was good to go on his part. Does this mean that I am good to go? Do I need to confirm with him that everything is sent and good? Trusting recruiters is hard.

I called him and he said they don't send confirmation emails and if they do it goes to the recruiting station commander not him. He said the guy who puts officer packets in at Battalion is very good at what he does and has not made any mistakes. He told me it should be fine and we will hear by the 11th. He also told me the last guy he put through didn't get a confirmation email either so....