SEPTEMBER SELECTION BOARD

Whats are your stats DomPasc?

32yrs old.

I was able to retake my ASVAB since the first board because my score expired.

Afast: 131

Asvab: 92

Gt: 127

APFT: 280

PPL-H

LORs. Av. Capt, Local Congressman, My fire Chief, My direct fire supervisor and my CFII

Also, this was my second attempt, I was FQ-NS last Sept/Oct.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/15300-2nd-round-selection-advice/#entry112207

Once again, congrats to all of you!

33 boarded, 19 selected, all had bachelor degrees and master degrees only 1 had AS degree

How did you fing out this info ??? Wonder if im going to be part of the NON-select group because i don't have a BS yet.....

Maybe my prior servie and over a 100 college credits puts me over the hump. I still havent found out any solid info on the SIFT

Well earlier today while at work I got the call from my battalion headquarters, my packet was looked over and I was FQ-NS. The next civilian board will be in November. I will be updating my APFT, resume and hopefully get a LOR from a 160th special operations pilot. The SIFT for civilians is the same as Army personal. If you are board ready before October 1st you are good to go for the November board, if you are not boarded in November you will HAVE to take the SIFT test. This is coming from my Battalion headquarters. And again Congratulations on being selected! Must feel awesome!

You are correct for enlisted personal. As long as you are board ready by October 1st you will be able to use your AFAST score for the January board. After that everyone will have to take the SIFT test. Therefore the next board for civilians (in November) and enlisted (in January) will be the last boards using the AFAST scores.

33 boarded, 19 selected, all had bachelor degrees and master degrees only 1 had AS degree

Jeez... Glad i didnt board with all of you, i wouldnt have been picked either by the looks of it...

Congrats to all you guys and dont forget to come visit the forums while youre going through it and tell us about your experience...

You are correct for enlisted personal. As long as you are board ready by October 1st you will be able to use your AFAST score for the January board. After that everyone will have to take the SIFT test. Therefore the next board for civilians (in November) and enlisted (in January) will be the last boards using the AFAST scores.

Do you think I'll need to take the SIFT? I won't be USAREC board ready by 1 October because my battalion board isn't until 10 October, but I am going to board in November (assuming I pass the battalion board). I will have my packet to the local battalion by 1 October though.