SEPTEMBER SELECTION BOARD

Do you think I'll need to take the SIFT? I won't be USAREC board ready by 1 October because my battalion board isn't until 10 October, but I am going to board in November (assuming I pass the battalion board). I will have my packet to the local battalion by 1 October though.

I should of specified that battalion did not specifically say October 1st when I talked to them. they said after the November board everyone will have to take the SIFT. Being civilian I'm guessing you will be fine. I would have your recruiter contact Battalion just to be sure.

HelipilotPTK - sorry to hear that but if it is worth anything, a guy that went through my same recruiting office got picked up on his second look. It's not over yet so just keep focused on doing what ever you need to for November!

I greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to stay positive. My time will eventually come if I stay persistent. They picked the right candidates, everyone that got selected stats were awesome!

• Like 1

This got posted over on the "Ask a Soldier" GORARMY forum.

----------------------------------------------

Nice work to everyone who got selected! As I have spent the last couple of months at Rucker for the Instructor Pilot Course (and passed, as of last night), a few overarching themes have come to light here since I went through.

1. Be prepared for a whirlwind when you get to Rucker. It is going to be fast and furious. The bubbles of the past are largely gone thanks in large part to accessions being cut, and folks getting cut in the process. Therefore, have your affairs in order before showing up. Your time will be limited and you need to take it upon yourself as future officers and leaders to plan ahead to get the mission done with little or no interference.

2: Professional development. For those of you following the promotion trends this last board, it was a blood-bath. This was expected, but the magnitude was something out of this world. Promotions after CW2 are going to be hard to come by. Dothe absolute best you can every day and strive to make a difference. Make sure that difference reflects in your OER's once you leave Rucker.

3: Do not expect any special treatment. You are not special. Poor performance during any part of the course is grounds for elimination. Either tow the line, or find someplace else to be a slug. I hear the Navy needs ballast.

I apologize for not getting together with the folks from thos board while I was at Rucker. The course took up more time than I thought. You all had studying to do, anyway.

Keep posting the stats, and let's keep helping out those who come here looking for advice and assistance.

E. West

CW2, AV

Congratulations to those who were selected and good luck to those who will be trying again. Take the time you have left and spend it enjoying your home. Go see the sights, take your girlfriends/wives/boyfriends/husbands to their favorite restaurant, catch a home game, go hiking, whatever. Keep doing PT and preparing yourself for BCT/WOCS, get an address book going so that you can write letters to your family and friends. And of course, if you have any questions post them here and get an answer as I'm sure most of you have no idea what to expect. I know I sure didn't.

How hard is WOCS?

I cant speak for WOCS but I can give you a bit of advice about military life. Never go into something asking how "hard" it is. Ask how "easy" it is. Train your mind into thinking this isnt so bad. Military life and training half mental. When you start convincing yourself that "this sucks" then it will suck that much more.

I know all of you will do just fine. Good luck and welcome to the US Army!

drhill

You'll learn in the Army that most schools are based on over a 90% graduation rate. WOCS/WOFT is no different. Ranger school is not one of them. You are more than qualified in doing quite well based on your stats. Stay motivated and provide assistance to your fellow soldiers. A college degree has never been a requirement in either program.

Take heed on the posting by CW2 E. West under av8rnik regarding the new era in having a successful career as an Aviation Warrant Officer in the peace time Army. Welcome to the Club. We don't pay much but we damn sure play for keeps.

• Like 2

Gentlemen the enlisted results has officially been posted and I am pleased to announced that I have been selected as well!

Thanks for all of the support guys! I'll be joining you at Mother Rucker!

Congrats!!