SEPTEMBER SELECTION BOARD

Wow, just checked out the enlisted board results, 99 out of 150 selected. Over double the selection rate of July's board and the highest I remember seeing it since like 2005. I wonder if the cancellation of the November board had something to do with that? Further proof that timing can be more important than the quality of an application. Not referring to you nightmare, I'm sure you were good either way. :) But if anyone's holding off on putting in their WOFT application (I'm looking at you, Lindsey <_<), take note. This is how it works. That 69% selection rate from last year won't last forever. It looks like it's already dropped into the 50s with the September board. If you want to fly for the Army, now's the time.

Nightmare, after I was selected I called the accessions branch (502-613-5917) to speed up the process of getting orders. I started WOCS just over a month after the board results came out. I had an excuse, my unit was deploying within a few months and insisted on taking me with them unless I had orders in hand stating otherwise, but you might be able to do something similar or at least get the info you want from that number.

Nightmare, after I was selected I called the accessions branch (502-613-5917) to speed up the process of getting orders. I started WOCS just over a month after the board results came out. I had an excuse, my unit was deploying within a few months and insisted on taking me with them unless I had orders in hand stating otherwise, but you might be able to do something similar or at least get the info you want from that number.

I might have to do that. My problem is that my unit is going to NTC in about a month and will be there until the latter part of November. I have to pack my bags into a connex next week and would hate to get orders for a November school date and not be able to clear out of here since my gear will be on a train to California lol...

I doubt I'll be on rear D since we are so short handed right now in my unit. I really don't mind going to NTC with them because I honestly know they need me, but what I don't want to do is get my gear shipped away then get a WOCS report date while Im scheduled to be at NTC.

Ill call that number on Monday and talk to my unit. This is going to turn into an interesting situation.

This place is going to be dead in November.

Not if I have anything to do with it.

On a personal note, things are slowly coming together on my end. SF-86 has been completed minus a few addresses I need to hunt down from people, resume completely updated, transcripts on order, and overnight I was pointed in the direction of all the LoRs I need. My run is slowly (though continuously) improving, and I am about to hit the deck for some more push ups. I've also got the Flight Aptitude test prep (thanks WOFTapp) and ASVAB study guides, and will be ready to knock those out when I find a new recruiter. December, here I come.

• Like 2

This got posted over on the "Ask a Soldier" GORARMY forum.

----------------------------------------------

Nice work to everyone who got selected! As I have spent the last couple of months at Rucker for the Instructor Pilot Course (and passed, as of last night), a few overarching themes have come to light here since I went through.

1. Be prepared for a whirlwind when you get to Rucker. It is going to be fast and furious. The bubbles of the past are largely gone thanks in large part to accessions being cut, and folks getting cut in the process. Therefore, have your affairs in order before showing up. Your time will be limited and you need to take it upon yourself as future officers and leaders to plan ahead to get the mission done with little or no interference.

2: Professional development. For those of you following the promotion trends this last board, it was a blood-bath. This was expected, but the magnitude was something out of this world. Promotions after CW2 are going to be hard to come by. Dothe absolute best you can every day and strive to make a difference. Make sure that difference reflects in your OER's once you leave Rucker.

3: Do not expect any special treatment. You are not special. Poor performance during any part of the course is grounds for elimination. Either tow the line, or find someplace else to be a slug. I hear the Navy needs ballast.

I apologize for not getting together with the folks from thos board while I was at Rucker. The course took up more time than I thought. You all had studying to do, anyway.

Keep posting the stats, and let's keep helping out those who come here looking for advice and assistance.

E. West

CW2, AV

What a ridiculous overreaction by CW2 West. The only people I saw got passed over were basically incompetent.

These are the negative Nancy's of the Army, there are plenty of them, and you would be wise to avoid them like the plague they are.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...