Intro / WOFT / Advice

A little bit of both, because at the top I kinda throw myself to get to a point where I let my torso fall. Basically you're trying to do them as fast as you can on the down side.

This is the best way I've found to do it. The throwing yourself back part should be really minimal. Just enough to get the fall started. You need to get used to the feeling of allowing yourself to fall back though. If you're expending energy to break your fall you could easily be costing yourself like 10 reps. It's a lot.

• Like 1

This is the best way I've found to do it. The throwing yourself back part should be really minimal. Just enough to get the fall started. You need to get used to the feeling of allowing yourself to fall back though. If you're expending energy to break your fall you could easily be costing yourself like 10 reps. It's a lot.

That's my problem--subconsciously breaking the fall. Practice makes perfect.

Not looking good. NationalGuard WO recruiter in the area says that I would have to enlist first. He told me the Guard (maybe state specific) does not offer the street to seat program. It doesn't matter about my prior enlisted. My other choice would be again enlisting, going OCS and then still not guaranteed Aviation. Waiting on two other contacts to get back to me....

And there are no Army reserve helicopter units in my area.

My last option as of today. Going back in on the enlisted side with my old MOS. No boot camp or training needed. Once I'm in, I will automatically be MOS qualified from my prior service. I would then submit a fast tracked WOFT packet. He also told me that he thinks he can get me a one year enlistment contract (NG) so I can enlist just in hopes to get to the WO aviation side.

Turning 33 in 6 months. Good idea or bad idea? Thanks.

My last option as of today. Going back in on the enlisted side with my old MOS. No boot camp or training needed. Once I'm in, I will automatically be MOS qualified from my prior service. I would then submit a fast tracked WOFT packet. He also told me that he thinks he can get me a one year enlistment contract (NG) so I can enlist just in hopes to get to the WO aviation side.

Turning 33 in 6 months. Good idea or bad idea? Thanks.

Sounds kind of hokey to me. For one, I don't understand the MOS qualified thing. Flight training is open to all MOS' and always has been. Other types of warrants have MOS feeders where you need to be MOS qualified but not flight (and a few others), so I immediately doubt the information you're getting.

Here are a couple of things you should know. The Army loves Marines, they get picked up all the time. However, you are likely too old to get picked up. I think you need an age waiver and reality is you probably won't get it. But you might, never know until you try.

If its worth it to you to be in the guard for a year and put a packet in, than try it but I'm not sure you'll have any better chance than if you put it in is a civilian. It's my understanding the guard unit you are in has more say over whether they want to send you than anything else.

If I were you, I would do everything I could do get that packet in and looked at before you turn 33 and need an age waiver because after that happens you probably have no chance.