ERA pilots in Alaska

UNCphillips

The posting looks like similar to the years prior, excepting for the 100hrs as350. I'd expect that astar time to be "preferred", but who knows this year.

Google "era helicopter interview" and click on the glass door link. Some guy wrote a pretty accurate summary of the interview process.

Juneau: you'll live in an apartment with one other pilot in a sweet downtown location. Carpool in the company van or buy a rig. Plan on 250-300 flight hrs.

Denali: dorm style communal living with another pilot and a few ground crew. Live on the base. 350-400hrs

Housing is provided, per diem is 25/day. Not sure the daily rate these days, but it's probably competitive with tours in general.

Either location you'll be in AK all summer, so don't plan on a vacation.

I'd "PM" you, but I'm not on this often and I don't know how. Sorry. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I just turned down the interview with them; hoping I don't regret it. ATP* would make a difference for Era, since the GOM is their wheelhouse. Jobs are super tight with them right now, though, so expect to be unemployed over the winter. One of their full-time IFR guys is doing tours this year because there's no work in the company and it's been a bloodbath in AK. I have a pretty strong feeling it won't be Era doing it next year. Hopefully somebody keeps flying in the park. I've wanted to do that gig for 10 years.

* Generally speaking, if the company you work for wants you to have an ATP, make them pay for it.