My little dilemma

the lady that put all the results into the computer put my color vision results in incorrectly and they did not match my MEPS physical, which popped a red flag when i tried do sign my paperwork. Now i am just trying to get ft hood to fix my flight physical.

i am trying to confirm with my recruiter if there is a time frame we need to be aware of.

Well guys heres the update. Problem is solved I got my class date for Feb 20 of next year. My CoC got a hold of Branch before I did (my CoC told me they contacted branch yesterday and miraculously the next day I got an email with my class date.)

They said they needed me here for now for all of the upcoming events. So now I have to wait until all of the upcoming events are done to leave.

Pretty bummed, maybe it was all coincidence but it seems fishy. Oh well at least I have a date to look forward to.

Does that email have a phone number on it? Who contacted them first doesn't matter. The person deciding your class date is unlikely to care about your unit's training schedule. His goal is to schedule everyone selected for a class. If all he knows is that your unit wants to keep you for another 5 months he can accommodate, but his priority will be to fill earlier classes before later classes. If you request earlier you'll probably get it. That's what you want, that's what he wants, that's that the Army wants. Your battalion won't win that battle if you choose to fight it. You might piss off your current chain of command but you have to decide what's more important, keeping them happy or moving on with your career.

Does that email have a phone number on it? Who contacted them first doesn't matter. The person deciding your class date is unlikely to care about your unit's training schedule. His goal is to schedule everyone selected for a class. If all he knows is that your unit wants to keep you for another 5 months he can accommodate, but his priority will be to fill earlier classes before later classes. If you request earlier you'll probably get it. That's what you want, that's what he wants, that's that the Army wants. Your battalion won't win that battle if you choose to fight it. You might piss off your current chain of command but you have to decide what's more important, keeping them happy or moving on with your career.

No the email has no phone number on it. I called my CW5 back for a phone number but he said his G1 only gave him the email. I asked my CoC for the number they called and of course got the "It's already been taken care of, Battalion handled it."

I emailed that point of contact to see what can be done. I met a CW2 at lunch the other day and just asked him about this whole thing. He said all it takes is a simple phone call from people in high places to get your WOCS date pushed back if they really need you here. He knew a guy in his class who got his WOCS date pushed back by like 8 months so that he could deploy with his unit. He was a tech guy though so he didn't have this "magical" number that everyone seems to have but me.

Its all about numbers for this unit. Bottom line is that they are going TDY and want EVERYONE to go. We have guys getting out of the military in January who are going to this thing. The unit tried this same thing with our supply guy who came down on DA Orders for Recruiter. They called up and got his orders pushed back to next year so that he could go. He called them right back and got his orders pushed back to where they were and is leaving next month. CoC is furious at him.

Like I said I don't mind going with my guys. I even sat down with my CoC and told them I will accommodate them as best I can by going TDY and staying as long as I can as long as they just gave me about 2 weeks to clear and move. That wasn't good enough I guess. I was looking forward to going since this will be my last training exercise with the tanks that I love. But now I'm just bitter because of how they went about this whole thing.

Guys, I am selling my car so both me and my wife can have money and also because i will not need a car for 4 to 5 months due to training. Has anyone done this before or heard of doing this? I am planning to get another car once I get past WOCS and I am living at Rucker. Since both of us live in Indy she will have to drive down to Rucker. Will the Army pay for her to ship her car and her belongings to our new house at Ft Rucker? How does all of this work?