November Selection Board

I've been reading this forum for awhile. My packet is turned in and ready

for the next board. At the Battalion interview I was told the next board

was 1 Oct. After reading there is no October board I emailed my recruiter

for clarification.

Stats:

Active Air Force E-3 2 years and 2 months TIS.

Age - 29

AFAST - 149

ASVAB GT - 134

College - Bachelors of Business Administration, 2.02 GPA(During the

interview I listed all my extracurricular activates in college and the

business I started and ran in college. They included it in my summery to

help frame my GPA more favorably.)

APFT - 270

LOR's - CW5 Flight Instructor and current G1 at Ft. Rucker, my current

CC(Lt. Col) and CO(1st Lt.).

Battalion Board - Strong Recommendation from all three Captains. (not sure

the full scores, only saw 1 score sheet for 24 out of 25).

Had a really awesome experience last night. One of guys I went throgh Af basic training and tech school with hit me up on Facebook. Turns out he is now a 60 pilot! Talk about following similar career paths.

I'll be on the November Selection Board and here are my stats:

ASVAB: 124 GT

AFAST: 142

Board: 71/75

APFT: 297

LORs: Pastor, Civil Air Patrol Commander, State Senator, retired LTC. AH-64 pilot, another retired LTC., and VP of a bank.

Physical: approved

HS GPA: 3.9

Currently attending college

• Like 1

When I did my board interview on 12 Sept the USAREC board said 1 Oct was the next board. Reading here I saw everyone say 5 Nov so I called today and asked and he said I was still a go on the first. So I guess I have to just wait and see. I've missed 3 board dates so far between trying to get my flight physical approved and my interview being delayed 2 weeks.

That's sounds right since everyone says that civilian boards are every month, but then I don't know why they wouldn't have boarded WOFTApp and a few others that already have their battalion board complete. Are you going guard?

Edited by 01CelicaGTS

Is there not a USAREC phone number of someone who is knowledgable about civilian board schedules?

I doubt it! lol. I've emailed multiple times about civilian WOFT, and I got one reply that wasn't geared toward civilians, and 2 emails that were never replied to. haha

I take it no one has heard anything from yesterday's board...

I have pinged my rec with no response. I am a bundle of nerves today and cannot hardly focus on work. Ugh, so annoying. You know, the whole anticipation of life altering news can become frustrating. I don't even know if there was a board, and if there was, if I even was considered. Oh well, time will tell. Sorry for venting.

You would have been told by your Battalion board interview not USAREC. USAREC is the board you are currently waiting for. I am just trying to tell you what I was told by my Battalion Headquarters. Also I was boarded by USAREC in September and they gave me the correct date for that board. That is why I am positive there is no board in October. I will be boarded for the second look in November, if there was an October board I would have known about it. I wish you were right, maybe your recruiter thinks that October is the board cut off date for the November board?