November Selection Board

My recruiter called me Friday to tell me that there was no 1 Oct board and the next was 5 November, go figure. i was never told to supply a resume, I'm going to get mine updated and submit it, does anyone know the cut off date for updating your packet?

Oct 26th

You convinced me...

I don't have a confirmed time for my board on Tuesday, but that's the plan. Flight physical for the 29th.

Hi,

I guess I might as well throw my hat into the ring as well. I'll probably be up for this board or the next. Its all up to the paper pushers at this point.

Oops double post. Admin, please delete.

Hi,

I guess I might as well throw my hat into the ring as well. I'll probably be up for this board or the next. Its all up to the paper pushers at this point.

Oops double post. Admin, please delete.

Welcome to the madhouse. Mind posting up your stats?

Age old enough

AFAST 168

ASVAB 99/143GT

APFT 274 (for now)

BS Degree 2.9 GPA

PPL ASEL with 80 hrs

LoR

CW5

CW5

CW4

CW4 (ret.)

CW3 (ret.)

O-5 USN (ret.) (Flight Instructor)

No chance of selection whatsoever.

• Like 1

That was my abortive attempt at paying you a compliment. I don't have much facility for banter.

Put that in your stats and the rest of us might have a chance at selection. ;)

Seriously--your stats are the best I've seen in the three years I've been on these forums. Do your LoR writers know you? Are they all interview letters?

Impressive.

Put that in your stats and the rest of us might have a chance at selection. ;)

Seriously--your stats are the best I've seen in the three years I've been on these forums. Do your LoR writers know you? Are they all interview letters?

Impressive.

Nah, I get the impression that theres plenty of opportunity for well qualified applicants. I'd bet it'll be a formaility for you when you apply. Just make sure you get those arms stretched out for the Class 1W.

Affirm, my LoR writers know me; all except for the CW3 (ret.) who lives far away and is constantly on the road anyway. A friend made the introduction for that one.

• Like 2

Well, I knew that WOFT was "highly competitive" but I guess I didn't realize how competitive, lol. Nice stats CushionCreeper! I feel like my packet is moving further and further down in the pile with all the great stats in here. Compared to everyone else, the only thing I've got going for me is flight hours! Hopefully the almighty "needs of the Army" will be great for the next board, and we'll all get selected, :D

• Like 1

Celica, remember we can only post stats. They do consider the whole person concept. I personally believe it is possible to have a strong package even if the quantitative factors a "mediocre."

• Like 1

Age old enough

AFAST 168

ASVAB 99/143GT

APFT 274 (for now)

BS Degree 2.9 GPA

PPL ASEL with 80 hrs

LoR

CW5

CW5

CW4

CW4 (ret.)

CW3 (ret.)

O-5 USN (ret.) (Flight Instructor)

Holy sh!t man! I'm guessing your Dad is in the Army? If not how do you know all those CW5,4,3's? How did you do on your Battalion Board Interview?

Celica, remember we can only post stats. They do consider the whole person concept. I personally believe it is possible to have a strong package even if the quantitative factors a "mediocre."

True to the nth degree... Any schmoe can test great and get lors... Not everyone has all the other stuff they want. Whatever that might be...

How do you guys get lor's from warrant officers? I was planning on using college professors/dean, flight instructors, and ex-military pilots but none are WO's.

I tracked mine down through some networking. My former commander knew someone who knew someone who has a brother who is married to a girl and her cousin's dog's vet knew....you get the point.

I have heard numerous people say contacting the closest active aviation unit to your location works fairly easily. Just get a hold of someone there and start asking if a senior WO is available to interview and write you a letter. Be willing to travel to meet them in person if possible. IMHO, using your own network would be best since they at least trust the source from which you are being referred.

I believe VR will have another great selection rate this board. I am going to my recruiters tomorrow to ensure all my paper work is in order, and then call battalion to confirm my packet is board ready!

Same here! Lots of solid applicants.

Let me know how it goes with battalion. I have been trying to get my recruiter to do that for a few days with no luck. I will be making the call myself in the next couple days if I don't hear anything by then.