November Selection Board

Hey everybody. Looks like I'm late to the game here, but I am going up for the Nov board as well. Looks like a lot of good applicants are going up for it too so the competition should be tough. Here are my stats:

ASVAB/GT: 96/132

AFAST: 122

APFT: 291

PPL: 60 hrs

BA Business: 2.7 GPA

5 LOR's

State Senator

Vice President of my college

2 Retired Col.'s

1 Professor

Good luck to everyone

• Like 1

Hey everybody. Looks like I'm late to the game here, but I am going up for the Nov board as well. Looks like a lot of good applicants are going up for it too so the competition should be tough. Here are my stats:

5 LOR's

State Senator

2 Retired Col.'s

1 Professor

Good luck to everyone

Welcome :)

Stats look good - is your PPL in a helicopter?

Same here! Lots of solid applicants.

Let me know how it goes with battalion. I have been trying to get my recruiter to do that for a few days with no luck. I will be making the call myself in the next couple days if I don't hear anything by then.

Went to the recruiters today to fix a few things on the SF-86. Then my recruiter called Battalion and they said that whenever we update things in my packet on the recruiters computer, that is how it will show up at USAREC when they review it, so Battalion actually doesn't have to keep updating your packet whenever you put new material in. After they send everything to them once you can just update it from the recruiting office. This is what they told my recruiter at least. So I have a board ready status according to them.

And man im starting to get worried with the stats I have... I need some of that PFM Lindsey!

Age - 20

ASVAB/AFAST - 115/100

APFT - 288

PPL(H) - Rated in R-22 and R-44 helicopter, 75 hours TT

College - 6 credits, 4.0, Deans list and currently taking 9 credit hours.

LOR'S

CW5

Retired CW4

Principal

Flight Instructor

Youth Pastor

Navy MP and friend

Battalion Board Interview - 75/75 Strong Recommendation

Dude, don't worry about it. You look pretty strong from what you have posted here. However, if you don't get picked up this round you have plenty of time. At 20, you will be able to apply many times. Inbetween boards work on what you can to make you packet even stronger. Some of us are coming up on the age limit and need to nail it quickly. In other words, don't stress.

• Like 4

How do you guys get lor's from warrant officers? I was planning on using college professors/dean, flight instructors, and ex-military pilots but none are WO's.

Like has been said, networking. I got mine through a friend's cousin who is a captain/pilot and put me in touch with the standardization pilot at his previous unit. just ask around, eventually you will find someone who is willing to talk to you.

5 LOR's

State Senator

2 Retired Col.'s

1 Professor

Good luck to everyone

welcome over from the goarmy forum. this forum tends to be better organized and easier to find information.

Did anyone submit their packet while still working on their college degree? I'm getting ready to submit in the next few months and my recruiter said it should be fine if I get a letter stating I'm tracking to graduate. Just wondering if that would be looked down upon.

There are some variables that need to be considered. How much do you have left? For instance, if you have 30 of 120 credits and putting a letter that says you are tracked I think that would look bad. However, if you only have 1 semester left it would be favorable. Just my initial thoughts. Also, what's your age?

There are some variables that need to be considered. How much do you have left? For instance, if you have 30 of 120 credits and putting a letter that says you are tracked I think that would look bad. However, if you only have 1 semester left it would be favorable. Just my initial thoughts. Also, what's your age?

I'm almost 22 and I'll have probably 13-15 credits left when I submit, so one semester.

I was told by someone who is "in the know," as they say, that the current selection rate is about 50%.

Is there a "Don't Like This" button? <_<

I think that it depends on the amount and quality of the applicants. Just like any other job interview selection process. However, I wonder if they know before hand how many slots there are and if it's set in stone. Like if there are 15 slots, they take the top 15 most qualified applicants out of the pool. Or if they might be able to select more if they are very qualified.

• Like 1

Is there a "Don't Like This" button? <_>

I think that it depends on the amount and quality of the applicants. Just like any other job interview selection process. However, I wonder if they know before hand how many slots there are and if it's set in stone. Like if there are 15 slots, they take the top 15 most qualified applicants out of the pool. Or if they might be able to select more if they are very qualified.

I believe he was going off the general trend - not stating that it will necessarily be that way for the next board. They are given a certain amount of slots, let's say it's the 15 you mentioned. If there are only 20 applicants, of course that selection percentage goes up. If there are 45 applicants...

Seems it is more dependent on number of applicants than anything else. Lucky for us, WOFT is still a pretty much unknown entity to most people.

It's a new FY, so this board will probably be the first indication of the selection rates going forward. Last year's boards won't be relevant.

Dunno - came from CW5 Ayers, head of WO proponency. Not sure if he said it looking forward at this upcoming year's rates or not.