Plenty of WOFT but any Navy/Marine brothers/sisters out there?

Lots and lots of gouge/advice out there on the warrant officer program out there for our Army brothers, do we have any gold wing wearing fans out there?

I was a c2 crewman for 5 years....currently applying for WOFT, hope i get accepted because it drove me nuts being a backseater ;) I love the navy , i wish i wasn't past the age limit for pilot

Lots and lots of gouge/advice out there on the warrant officer program out there for our Army brothers, do we have any gold wing wearing fans out there?

What kind of questions do you have? Being a little more specific may help me answer your questions. Airwarriors.com is a good place for info, but it's also an assortment of jet, multiengine, helo, and tiltrotor pilots rather than just helo dudes.

All the other services require a commission through a service academy or ROTC or OCS if you have a degree. These things basically require that you left high school and went directly to college with the intent of being an officer in the military of your choosing. If you didn't do that then WOCS is the only option for flying in the military. If you did do that than there's probably not much reason to look for advice on a forum.

It's also open to everyone in every service, so if you are say a Marine and you put a packet in than you will change services to fly for the Army. Where as if you are a Marine and would like to fly for the Marines than you can work online and get a degree and then try to go to OCS, except by the time you get your degree you will be too old for a commission so you're basically screwed if weren't in college by the time you were 20.

It's also open to everyone in every service, so if you are say a Marine and you put a packet in than you will change services to fly for the Army. Where as if you are a Marine and would like to fly for the Marines than you can work online and get a degree and then try to go to OCS, except by the time you get your degree you will be too old for a commission so you're basically screwed if weren't in college by the time you were 20.

My understanding was that you had to be commissioned prior to being 27.5. that being said, I don't think you'd be screwed by not being in college by 20. I have a buddy who got a degree from Phoenix in about 2-3 years and flies rotary wing still. just saying.

Yeah, I was "thinking about trying out for the team." Chitty feel free to elaborate on that if you can!

OpSec buddy. Don't try out for the "team". That's a one way street you don't want to turn on.

My understanding was that you had to be commissioned prior to being 27.5. that being said, I don't think you'd be screwed by not being in college by 20. I have a buddy who got a degree from Phoenix in about 2-3 years and flies rotary wing still. just saying.

OpSec buddy. Don't try out for the "team". That's a one way street you don't want to turn on.

He got a four year degree in two years while having a full time job. I call BS.

Call it what you want, but it's still true. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything.

Remember, this was University of Phoenix back in early 2000. I don't know what their course load is or how they run their programs, but I know he did it.

If you did do that than there's probably not much reason to look for advice on a forum.

I guess you're assuming everyone gets exposed to commissioning programs in college. Which is not true. Plenty of advice to be had on a forum.

20 + 4 years (Could vary anywhere from 3 to 6 years) OCS = 10 weeks...or two 6 weeks courses in the middle of your summers = Roughly 25.5 years. You have to commission by 27.5

You messed up your math.

Also most Marines get some sort of credit for their MOS school and skills they learn while becoming Marines, and apply that to their degree. Taking night classes is totally possible and it's not out of reason for a Marine to get his degree during or shortly after his first enlistment, depending on how he plays his cards and sacrifices his time. Also command and deployment dependent.

You're right, I was too focused on realistic possibilities and not theoretical ones. I would add that you can be an astronaut and also the President of the United States.

So if you are currently, or we're at one time enlisted in the Armed Forces of the United States of America and presumably don't have a degree (if you enlisted), than I would personally go to the service that has 90% of it's aviators as formerly enlisted and not the services where 90% of its aviators we're never enlisted.

But there does exist a set of circumstances that could take place where you could be an aviator in those services after being enlisted.

You're right, I was too focused on realistic possibilities and not theoretical ones. I would add that you can be an astronaut and also the President of the United States.

So if you are currently, or we're at one time enlisted in the Armed Forces of the United States of America and presumably don't have a degree (if you enlisted), than I would personally go to the service that has 90% of it's aviators as formerly enlisted and not the services where 90% of its aviators we're never enlisted.

But there does exist a set of circumstances that could take place where you could be an aviator in those services after being enlisted.

I'm not sure if you're being a smart ass or not, but your information and lack of experience is showing.

You're not in the Marines or Navy, or know what exactly their processes are, so I'd advise to go sit in the corner with your friends and talk about things you would know about. We fly very different aircraft and have different requirements. Many of my friends joined after the age of 24. One of my buddies was prior enlisted and was in during the push to Baghdad. They give you waivers for prior enlisted time.

Additionally, this thread is for people wanting to know about the Navy or Marines, so I'd keep you're personal preferences out of this conversation. Nobody asked about them.

I'm not sure if you're being a smart ass or not, but your information and lack of experience is showing.

You're not in the Marines or Navy, or know what exactly their processes are, so I'd advise to go sit in the corner with your friends and talk about things you would know about. We fly very different aircraft and have different requirements. Many of my friends joined after the age of 24. One of my buddies was prior enlisted and was in during the push to Baghdad. They give you waivers for prior enlisted time.

Additionally, this thread is for people wanting to know about the Navy or Marines, so I'd keep you're personal preferences out of this conversation. Nobody asked about them.

I know what the processes are because they are publicly available. The processes are straight forward and thats why the forum is not buzzing with conversation about them. He started a thread about Navy/Marine brothers so I assume he either is, or was enlisted. Yes, I exaggerated by saying you had to be in college by 20, when you could be 23 and maybe even get a waiver. But I'll stay out of it now so you can expound your advice to him on what he can do to become an aviator in the Navy or Marines.

I know what the processes are because they are publicly available. The processes are straight forward and thats why the forum is not buzzing with conversation about them.

Well go on. Expound us on your knowledge about Navy and Marine aviation programs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. I'm currently on that route. If you test out of enough core classes, and take classes over both summers you can manage it. I am right now enrolled over full time in Aviation flight and management classes. I started in June, and am slated to graduate with a BA in Aviation Management in the Fall of 14. Oh, and I just got hired at my second job.

And BTW, I called my OSO when I was 23 (still am) and he still thought I was worth working with. Even If I don't graduate in 2014, I'll still have a couple years of leeway to get in.

What is your current background/status, if you don't mind me asking?

The max age for AF SUPT for Active Duty, Res, and ANG hasn't changed in over a decade. Must be in phase II of AF pilot training before your 30th B'day. That gives you plenty of time in completing your 4 year degree in your early 20s. Of course, regarding AF OTS selection. there are only approx 125-150 slots annually. AF ROTC would give you a better chance in picking up a pilot slot.

You're talking to the f*cking retard who was asking whether or not towering cumulus were dangerous. Just ignore him.

• Like 1

I am in the NAVY, and also in flight school. So if you have any questions about NAVY aviation talk to me. By the way the age for pilots is 27, with a 24 month waiver up to your 29th birthday if you are prior service. This is how I got screwed out of my pilot slot, so I can tell you all you need to know about that.

I am in the NAVY, and also in flight school. So if you have any questions about NAVY aviation talk to me. By the way the age for pilots is 27, with a 24 month waiver up to your 29th birthday if you are prior service. This is how I gout screwed out of my pilot slot, so I can tell you all you need to know about that.

I've got to ask...did you misspell your username on purpose or on accident?

• Like 1