AFAST is being extended until 1 Jan 2013! Lets get hot and take the afast! LOL

as title states....

1 OCT 12 - The Aviation Branch has developed a replacement for the Alternate Flight Aptitude Selection Test (AFAST). The new test is the Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT), and will be implemented on 1 JAN 13. In order to facilitate this transition to the SIFT, 153A will not be selected on the first FY13 Accessions Board in NOV, but will be selected in JAN 13. This will give individuals enough time to report to a testing facility and take the SIFT for inclusion in their packet.

• Any Warrant Officer packets for MOS 153A, Rotary Wing Aviator, MUST have a qualifying SIFT score in their packet after 18 JAN 13. If a Warrant Officer packet is determined by USAREC to be "Board Ready" prior to 18 JAN 13, an AFAST score will still be accepted. Any packet recieved with an AFAST score after 18 JAN 13 will be returned to the individual, with the instructions to take the SIFT and re-submit their packet with a SIFT score! Any questions regarding this transition from AFAST to SIFT can be directed to the Aviation Branch Proponent office, at (334)255-1420, or brad.r.cook.mil@mail.mil

• Like 2

yeah, isn't this great?!!

...hey, you know what? I am starting to think that all along the SIFT was going to be required initially for MOS 153A application packets only.. meaning current enlisted members applying to flight school.

..I am leaning towards thinking that this exam was never intended for WOFT applicants as part of the introduction of this new "selection instrument"; because in the WOFT (RA and USAR) Enlistment Program Procedures page, the SIFT was never mentioned..

If this is true then we (WOFT applicants) have been victims of the "never ending, frequently shocking, often making you feel like the world is going to end for you" internet-posted rumors..

oh well just thinking aloud hahaha...

yeah, isn't this great?!!

...hey, you know what? I am starting to think that all along the SIFT was going to be required initially for MOS 153A application packets only.. meaning current enlisted members applying to flight school.

..I am leaning towards thinking that this exam was never intended for WOFT applicants as part of the introduction of this new "selection instrument"; because in the WOFT (RA and USAR) Enlistment Program Procedures page, the SIFT was never mentioned..

If this is true then we (WOFT applicants) have been victims of the "never ending, frequently shocking, often making you feel like the world is going to end for you" internet-posted rumors..

oh well just thinking aloud hahaha...

LOL , yeah maybe......but what kinda annoyed me was when i called CWO cook as per USEREC website if additional info is needed about the change, he didnt really know anything!

I had asked him if this new SIFT was for active duty or for all everyone including civilians and i asked him if the sift was coming out for sure on the oct 1 (due to rumors like you mentioned).....he said it was for everyone but said that FOR SURE OCT 1 that the SIFT will be coming out

NOW LOOK WHERE WE ARE ! hahahahahahhaa Nobody knows nothing! The army likes to keep everyone guessing, including thier own ;)

The sift is being given currently at Bco. I wont give to many details, but I can assume that it is being done to create a "passing" score for the sift.

Can you confirm/deny test sections if I gave them to you?

why is the sift being given at Bco?

Probably to establish a baseline score. Kinda like when the Army wasted millions of dollars on a new PT test, tested recruits, and gave up on the idea.

Oh dont worry, I didnt forget. The Army has a perfectly good camo pattern, Multicam, made for everything we need in AFG. Yet we will buy more sh*t made in yet another random pattern.

How about just go back to f*cking BDUs.

STOP WASTING MONEY WE DO NOT HAVE.

Edited by akscott60

There are a lot of reasons to dislike ACUs. Until about a year ago you couldn't really wear your wings on them. That's was my biggest complaint. They're designed to be worn with a million wrinkles which still annoys me. I like to dress well and I grew up having NCOs tear into people who didn't have perfectly flat BDUs. Velcro sucks for a number of reasons. Mostly though I'm just tired of getting new uniforms all the time. I have 8 different utility uniforms after 10 years. My closet feels like a museum of 21st century Army uniform history.

• Like 3