Career development Seminar Location in Vegas

It is at the Riviera Resort & Hotel and they offer special reduced rates.

Register here:

https://www.justhelicopters.com/tabid/233/Default.aspx

if it is not sold out. Get a code for the reduced room rate.

Attend the FAASTeam presentations at 1500 hrs. on Nov. 3rd and the one drink social hour afterwards. Both are free!

See you there.

Mike

As far as having a booth, I think Papillon and PHI, were the entry level employers and of them Papillon hired the most. CHO had a booth too, but I don't remember if DP hired any body during the event. Tom was there with his BoatPix booth...

The event is largely a networking event wrapped around seminars based on how to make yourself more marketable and successful in the business. There are safety issues addressed and a small job fair at the end also. The booths at the job fair aren't the main focus, many connections are made and jobs filled outside of the "job fair" itself through networking.

These are just my observations from last year, I don't have any factual #'s. I did pay some attention to what was going on however, I was there networking and not looking for employment.

I received an offer for discount rooms at the Riviera yesterday.

web.safecrm.com/3Q30O0CG1VR8IG1HBX9R8OGLNY6KRUCAAHCKQ5CTMXCAE8BZCU4TBPRA4LHVQQR70O4IL488F680.htm

I hope it works for everyone that is interested. If not call them and mention the offer to get it. 30% off!

The FAASTeam has been collaborating to bring some interesting presentations from 4 speakers.

Some pilots get interviews set up and some get hired but learning about the industry, meeting employers, mentors and networking are the main benefits of attending. I think the opportunity to meet employers and learn what questions they ask or learn that from other pilots during the initial face to face are extremely valuable.

PHI, Med Trans, Papillon, Maverick, ERA, Boatpix, CHO, etc. From memory there are about 14 to 16 tables for employers.

Mike

Edited by Mikemv

The VR crew usually get together in one of the pubs. They give us a special room to gather in. DP organizes it. I will probably be checking you in and handing you a name badge, so keep in touch for the location.

Hey all,

sorry i have missed this, and other posts, spent the past few days in Aspen with the wife for her birthday.. what an amazing place.

we were there for the past few years and had a table at the job fair, we did hire one CFII last year and almost two more but ended up helping them get jobs flying turbines as they had higher times. we will also be there this year and have a table... wouldn't miss it for nothing.

i have said many times (and told the same thing to Mike Reyno from Vertical Magazine about an hour ago), that in my opinion this is the best thing you can do for your career in this business.. period. it is the best networking opportunity no matter how much time you have, even if you have a job flying your favorite helicopter for your favorite company, you should go to this event. the folks that participate are here to make our industry better and give back... i can't say enough.

Goldy and i will organize a get-together one of the nights so we can all meet and greet.. last year there were about 25 or so in attendance and it was great to see the old friends and meet new ones. I still have a few VR pins if anyone is interested, $10 donation to Lyn's scholarships will get you one and i'll pay shipping or you can pick it up at the event. PM me at: dp@coloradoheliops.com

sorry i don't have more time, i will try to get back to this in a few days.

sincerely,

dp

And they are getting ready to lay pilots off, so there will automatically be 15 or so pilots at the top of the list whenever they start hiring again. (Assuming they don't find other employment in the mean time)

Ya, that number is way off. It will actually not be anything close to that. And we will take a 1000 hour guy but you better bring your A game to an interview!

Last year we hired 40 pilots. We will be adding some seasonal positions this year in addition to the full time slots we normally offer in Southern Nevada.

Edited by rollthbns
  • Like 2

Ya, that number is way off. It will actually not be anything close to that. And we will take a 1000 hour guy but you better bring your A game to an interview!

Last year we hired 40 pilots. We will be adding some seasonal positions this year in addition to the full time slots we normally offer in Southern Nevada.

Is that 40 pilots all at one, at the beginning of the season, or throughout the year? How many of those guys moved on to other jobs after just one season?

Edited by eagle5

Is that 40 pilots all at one, at the beginning of the season, or throughout the year? How many of those guys moved on to other jobs after just one season?

We hired 11 classes between December and May. We have had a few of the veternas move on this year, and none of the new guys. We carry 60+ during the summer to accomodate an accelerated schedule. Next year we will be adding seasonal positions, which is new for Southern Nevada. Feel free to catch me at Heli-Success and I will be happy to give you the 411 on how hiring will actually work this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The VR crew usually get together in one of the pubs.

Be sure to check out the back room of the pub closest to the event...it's kinda hidden and several missed us last year because they didnt look hard enough!

• Like 1