For those of you who don't like me

jjsemperfi

This is for those of you who think I'm a "boy", dangerous, have the wrong mind set, and don't know what I'm talking about. I made this post a while back trying to help current and future CFI's, giving insight, and caring about my role as a CFI. I do care, I take this CFI job very seriously and I am very proud to be a CFI. I worked my ass off for it, and I plan on pouring my heart into it. I'm not on here to prove anything to anyone. I'm on here to learn. Here is my post:

--I passed my CFI check ride last month and just wanted to give some future applicants and instructors a heads up on some things I experienced. If your school or program has a Flight Training Device or a Flight Simulator, know what level it is, and there should be an LOA visible in the Sim for that device (If for 141 school, must have LOA approved for that school's specific 141 curriculum and specific manuevers approved for the curriculum). ADM ADM ADM! A huge emphasis area for any check ride. The FAA wants to see that pilots use ADM for everything. Include ADM in first or second ground lesson and introduce students early to ADM. Incorporate ADM into every ground lesson, and every flight. Be able to ask the examiner "Correlative" level questioning. This seems easy until you have never done it before. But it's something that should be practiced before your ride. Add on courses and Add on ratings. Be able to look at the PTS (Add on Matrix) and (if using a syllabus) your syllabus, and be able to take out the non-required task areas to create your own add on syllabus.

Obviously each examiner is different but I just wanted to give future applicants (and CFI's) an idea of things I experienced. From start to finish my ride was about 12 hours. We did take numerous 5 min. breaks and an hour lunch, so all together it was only about an 8 hour oral and a 1.2 hour flight.

Hope this helps --

Clearly your potshot was addressed to me. Why do you feel the need to quote yourself?

Generally one doesn't preach by quoting one's self as in "In my very own words, we learn that..."

Feeling hated with misplaced persecution complex is a self-esteem issue, and not a reflection of your environment. Bear in mind that in a fluid environment comprised of human dynamics (such as this web board), what you perceive is often what you build. That is, throw a rock in a pond, see ripples. If you think you're getting a hard time here, consider what rocks you're throwing, and where.

Stop throwing rocks... Maybe not so much. You can throw rocks if you want. Hell, you've even said that you LIKE to throw rocks. I think the bigger lesson to be learned here is to know when to take a step back.

Also, no one said they hated you, unless it was through a PM. So... yea...

Anyways, twice in the last week I've seen you post something and then get ripped apart for it. All the while, continuing on with your argument and continuing to dig your hole deeper and deeper. If you had just taken a step back and looked at your posts and those in response to you, from an objective standpoint, I think you would have either stopped talking or redirected where the thread was going. Numerous times I found myself saying "JJ, c'mon dude, just stop. You're not helping yourself out at all here..."

So the easy fix, if you find yourself the target of the high timers on here, is to just stop typing for a few minutes and ask yourself this one simple question... "Why's everybody always pickin on me?"

• Like 1

Stop throwing rocks... Maybe not so much. You can throw rocks if you want. Hell, you've even said that you LIKE to throw rocks. I think the bigger lesson to be learned here is to know when to take a step back.

Also, no one said they hated you, unless it was through a PM. So... yea...

Anyways, twice in the last week I've seen you post something and then get ripped apart for it. All the while, continuing on with your argument and continuing to dig your hole deeper and deeper. If you had just taken a step back and looked at your posts and those in response to you, from an objective standpoint, I think you would have either stopped talking or redirected where the thread was going. Numerous times I found myself saying "JJ, c'mon dude, just stop. You're not helping yourself out at all here..."

So the easy fix, if you find yourself the target of the high timers on here, is to just stop typing for a few minutes and ask yourself this one simple question... "Why's everybody always pickin on me?"

I was given similar advice from a VERY experienced mentor almost exactly a year ago. Unfortunately, (or maybe just another great learning experience) this advice came at a moment when I already was overwhelmed with emotion and my current situation. Turns out the situation caused emotions to take over and I had the overwhelming urge to spout out my feelings and frustration against this guidance. That issue was quickly resolved through some PM's however, I think I may have still hurt my reputation a bit with that initial retaliation. I had a great mentor that I truly adore that has not really said much since that incidence. He was ready to stop the career of the man that offended me until I told him who it was and explained the situation.

Point is, it takes a lot to make a name in this industry (from the outside looking in), but you can loose a lot of credit from one brash comment or post. It can be hard, but taking a step back until you cool down however long it takes, is sound advice.

I don't think anyone here hates you, you have a lot to contribute, and I enjoy seeing the forum liven up lately. Just choose your battles wisely and make sure you are ready with facts, because you know by now you will be challenged. That isn't a bad thing, think of some of these "grumpy old men" as mediators that know this forum is full of newbies and just want to make sure they are getting truthful and accurate information. Believe it or not, some of them are probably trying to help you out in a way too and not necessarily attack you, although once attacked they will fight back.

Just sharing my experiences that I learned the hard way, but hey, you have 3 or 4 more certs than me so I really don't know sh@. ;)

think of some of these "grumpy old men" as mediators that know this forum is full of newbies and just want to make sure they are getting truthful and accurate information.

It’s comical to be labeled a “grumpy old man”…

Imagine this, I land our AS350 B3 next to one of these new guys and ask if they want to fly along on the next round-robin flight and log some time. At that point, am I a “grumpy old man”, or the next Messiah? F’n funny eh?

Gentlemen, get it into perspective. The OG’s here you speak of have what you need and it has little to do with B3 time. Understand, we cannot give you flight time. However, what we offer is all encompassing and highly beneficial. That is, the knowledge to further your endeavor which is far greater than any single hour of flight time. For real, I may have 8000 hours but that was gained by working 40 hours *plus* a week, for 11 different operators over the last 20 years. While this isn’t meant to be a homily of Spike, the advice presented by the current set of OG’s should not be ignored or marginalized. It’s an opportunity to L-E-A-R-N for free. Plus, I can only speak for myself, but I’m not here to mentor or mediate anyone. I’m here to tell ya like it is, based on my experience....

• Like 1

Haha found this on another forum. Enjoy.

ACE: Ask Chief Everything!

ARMY: Arn't Ready to be Marines Yet!

ARMY: AF Rejected Me Yesterday

BOHICA: Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!

BOSS: Being On Ships Sucks!

BUFF: Big Ugly ****in' Forklift!

CRS: Can't Remember ****!

****: Cilvilan under navel Training

CYA: Cover Your Ass!

DEH: Don't Expect Help!

****: Dedicated Infantry Combat Killer.

DILLIGAF: Does it look like I give a ****!

EUSTIS: Even Uncle Sam Thinks It Sucks!

F.A.R.T.: Flatulent Airborne Reaction Team

FIDO: **** It, Drive On!

FIFO: Fit In or **** Off!

FIGMO: **** It, Got My Orders!

FILTAB: **** it, let's take a break!

FLIF: Falkland Islands Laundry Facility

FNG: ****in' New Guy!

FRED: ****ing Retard Extra Dumb.

FT EUSTIS: **** This, Even Uncle Sam Thinks It Sucks!

FTA: **** The Army!

FUBAR: ****ed Up Beyond All Repair!

FUBAR: ****ed Up Beyond Any Recognition

G2G: Good To Go!

HMFIC: Head Mother ****er In Charge.

HUOA: Head Up Ones Ass!

I&I: Intoxication and Intercourse.

KMD: Kiss My ****!

LGH: Let's Go Home!

LLMF: Lost Like a Mother ****er.

LOST: Looking Over Strange Terrain.

MARINE: Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential

MARINES: Many Americans Running Into Never Ending ****

MARINES: My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment, Sir!

MRE: Meals Rejected by Ethiopians!

MRE: Meals Rejected by the Enemy!

NAVY: Never Again Volunteer Yourself!

NAVY: Need Any Vaseline Yet?

NBC: No Body Cares!

NCO: No Chance Outside

OMGIF: Oh My God, I'm ****ed.

*****: Pointless Exercise Not Involving Soldiers.

PFC: Proud ****in' Civilian!

S&E: Salute 'N Execute!

S&G: ****s 'N Giggles!

****: Special High Intensity Training!

SNAFU: Situation Normal, All ****ed Up!

SONFI: Switched Off Not ****ing Interested

SPFO: Some Place ****ing Off!

SWAG: Scientific Wild Ass Guess!

TARFU: Things Are Really ****ed Up.

TEWT: Training Exercise Without Troops.

TURD: Trainee Under Rigid Discipline.

USARMY: Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet! Backwards: Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up

USARMY: Used, Screwed, And Released My Ass, Yep

USCG: Uncle Sam's Confused Group

USMC: Uncle Sams Misguided Childern

USMC: Unlimited **** Mass Confusion

USMC: U Suckers Missed Christmas

USMC: Urine Samples Make Civilians

USAF: U Suckers Are Fairies

YMRASU: Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up!