Scheduling the Battalion Board

Hey Guys, my recruiter is having a huge problem scheduling an appointment for my Battalion board, he says he has no idea how that gets done and according to him, he has been unable to find any information or guidelines regarding this.

Does anyone of you who has had their battalion board completed mind asking your recruiter exactly what he did to schedule it?

I could probably forward that info to my recruiter (and the entire station) and hopefully get this over with. I have completed all the other prerequisites and jumped through all the other hoops... I am just trying to make it to the upcoming USAREC board. With two weeks remaining it would be absurd if I don't make it.

Thank you in advance.

..It seems a little strange that no one above your recruiter knows what to do.

Hey av8rnik, thanks for your reply. it is strange.. as a matter of fact I think it is bs, and he is just stalling me.. who knows why..

I have no way of overcoming his "I don't know" walls unless I give him the "I DO know, it is this" solutions.. that is the way it has been in the last eight months, and unless I do extensive research and keep pressuring him, he doesn't want to start on the next step. I have gone through 4 recruiters already and I have noticed that the entire station has this same "attitude" towards anything that is not regular enlistment.

..Now I have to find who the "liaison" for Miami Battalion is and have my recruiter contact him/her.

..additional info from anybody who reads this, is also welcomed, thanks.

Have the recruiting office 1st sgt check with the battalion CO. Ill bet he knows

..did that. I asked the station commander in person, when he was on his way to battalion to please check on the board dates and to see if he could help me get an appointment. I never heard back from him, have not been able to reach him, and I heard through recruiter #4 that he couldn't get anything for me. that was 2 weeks ago. Again, I feel this common "attitude" in this station..

Dang, what a crap wall... Id call the battalion myself then. Find out what needs to happen and tell your recruiter to do "this"... Maybe thatll work but "you can lead a horse to water but you cant force hime to drink" might happen. be prepared for your next course of action if it does...

• Like 1

Id call the battalion myself then...

... so I just did :). I found the number and called the battalion headquarters, I got transferred a couple times and finally got in touch with the WOFT operations guy. I explained my situation, he pulled my packet and agreed that 13 months for preparing a WOFT packet was excessive.

He mentioned that my packet was pretty much complete and that my recruiter just needed to submit it through "channels", then it gets QC'ed by ops and that an appointment for Battalion board is scheduled.

Later, he put me on hold to get some info, then when he came back he told me that he was going to get in touch with the Company 1st Sergeant and inquire about my packet. He added that I should be hearing from the 1st Sergeant in the next couple days and if I had not, to please call him back to follow up.

I am very happy to see how helpful these guys are at headquarters are. I don't wanna step on anybody's toes, and I hope I am not pissing anybody off at the recruiting station for doing what I just did.. I just wanna be proactive with my application and to demonstrate that I would go above and beyond to get this thing rolling..

• Like 4

Hellfire, no one is going to care about your packet as much as you do. I think all of us understand that being respectful in our interactions in this process speaks to our own character, but going above someone who is stonewalling you is just fine...glad you did it!

good luck and let us know how is plays out!

• Like 1

Hellfire's got some b@ll$!

It is just my civilian life is not as fulfilling, exciting or demanding as it seemed to be...

..I think all of us understand that being respectful in our interactions in this process speaks to our own character..

that is definitely true. I have been inquisitive rather than demanding with the people who I have been interacting.. that seems to be getting me farther.

• Like 1

haha nice! 1SG just called me and she also agreed that this process has been taking too long, she was being very apologetic for this delay. She asked me a few questions about my background and progress, then she offered to help me getting an appointment for the board. She is going to call the station right now, put some pressure on the station commander to speed things up in order to get me on the next upcoming board...

will keep you posted.. thank you all for the suggestions!

• Like 2

Hey guys. just spoke with the rec. He sent my packet to Battalion yesterday. Today he is communicating via email with one of the Battalion HQ individuals who I spoke with a couple days ago; and he is QC'ing my packet. According to the rec; after QC, my packet will go to Operations guy and a board will be scheduled. So it looks like I would be looking at a Battalion Board for sometime next week :lol:

• Like 2

If he is in contact with Battalion they can work something out, it's not like active Army personal where there is a cut off date that is strictly enforced. Basically if Battalion can get it to USAREC before they meet your all good.

Very good to know.

.. what a pain in the rear this has been.. yesterday I couldn't get a hold of my recruiter so I called the WOFT Ops guy and also the 1SG who helped me before, left vmails. Hours later I was able to speak to my recruiter and turns out the 1SG has been talking to the station commander to "expedite" things.

As of right now my Battalion board is scheduled for Nov 15th, and they are trying to get me one tomorrow or Friday so I can be on this Nov board. Oh Well..

• Like 2

ha! so I was just told by the station commander that he just spoke with the WOFT Ops guy at Battalion and he said that there was another USAREC board for WOFT on the 27th of November. I frankly don't believe this one bit.

Has any of you heard of such thing as WOFT USAREC boards additional to the every-other-month ones?