January Selection Board

So far I haven't seen anything about going to BCT. Fingers crossed.

Shut up. :P I have to go again. Prior AF and been out greater than 3 years. Should be a little more "entertaining" the second time.

The contract you signed, it should have listed all the schools and their dates. If BCT was not there you skated out.

Shut up. :P I have to go again. Prior AF and been out greater than 3 years. Should be a little more "entertaining" the second time.

The contract you signed, it should have listed all the schools and their dates. If BCT was not there you skated out.

Hrm, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do basic but by the time everything gets through I will probably have been out for around 4 or 5 years...is three years the cutoff or did it have something to do with you being AF? I was prior Army so maybe that makes things different?

I don't remember which reg it was in, but it said if you have been out longer than 3 years or if you had been through AF or Navy basic you had to complete BCT. Obviously, that is not always the case, like Optamix, but generally seems to be. Once I find the reg I'll let you know.

Wally,You need to max your PT test (or as close as you can get) and score far above average on the SIFT. I have no idea what the SIFT looks like, but in AFAST terms you need to be scoring in the high 120s to be competitive these days. The rest of your stats look competitive. If you were an old CW2 I'd have reservations about allowing you to transfer to aviation, but you're younger than I was when I got selected. I don't know what your OERs look like, if they're not strong that may be the killer for you. Nothing you can do about it before your next look unless you're in your rating period. The PFT and SIFT are non-negotiable, you control your own destiny there. Mike-

• Like 1

Wally,You need to max your PT test (or as close as you can get) and score far above average on the SIFT. I have no idea what the SIFT looks like, but in AFAST terms you need to be scoring in the high 120s to be competitive these days. The rest of your stats look competitive. If you were an old CW2 I'd have reservations about allowing you to transfer to aviation, but you're younger than I was when I got selected. I don't know what your OERs look like, if they're not strong that may be the killer for you. Nothing you can do about it before your next look unless you're in your rating period. The PFT and SIFT are non-negotiable, you control your own destiny there. Mike-

Mike, definitely working on my PFT. Working hard to take it before the cutoff for updates. My resume I believe it needs a fine tuning in working. I might ask somebody just to review it. I asked for a couple extra LORs and studying for the SIFT to take it around the 20th Feb. No, I won't have my OER of my current rating period until end of deployment. This would be a perfect plan, to report to flight school after this deployment. We'll see what happens in March. Thanks for your insights and advice.

Wally

I suppose I'll throw my hat in the ring, although I'm not 100% sure I will be on this board.

Age - 23

AFAST - 140

ASVAB/GT - 94/125

College - Bachelors Degree complete, 1/3 of the way through Masters of Aeronautical Science (3.75 GPA)

APFT - In progress

Flight Time - Working CFI, 280 hours (PPL-H, CPL-H, CFI-H)

LORs - 160th SOAR CW5, CW4 Standardization IP, two of my CFIs, boss from my old job working the flight line

Battalion Board - not completed.

How the f*ck are you not selected yet?

• Like 1

Well, I'm just a little concerned, seeing that I have similar stats as you (Lindsey) minus the working towards a masters, and a PPL-H.

Oh yeah. I'm working on my WOFT packet. I had to cut ties with my USMC OSO. Got injured; need money for school. Will be bugging you all for gouge.

• Like 1

I need to wait a few months for my knee/shoulder to heal so that I can get a doctor note stating I'm 100%. Until then I'll just be wasting my recruiters time.

I'll probably leave school and finish it later.

It sucks but it needs to be done. I am in serious need of money for school, and either enlisting in a reserve/NG unit nearby, or getting in to WOFT now, and into a reserve unit, would allow me to pursue my military aviation dream, and still finish my education.

Now I gotta do MEPS, ASVAB, TBAS/ASTB/SIFT, etc all over again.

I was supposed to be in Florida for my FC1 this weekend, but since this f*cking accident, I'm f*cked because of my injuries.

Yeah. True

I'm also kicking myself for not staying in AROTC, because I read in Army Times that they were making special concessions for MS students wanting to branch aviation to be DUSTOFF in FY13.

That could have come in handy right about now.

Linky: http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/11/army-medevac-pilot-applications-due-date-112412/

• Like 1