Sign in to follow this  
j.matt

January Selection Board

Not really. I think it's been pretty universal that most people applying can change it pretty much until the week prior to the board.

Right now I'm scheduled for my battalion board the week before the USAREC board in January.

It must be different because our update submission deadline is the third week of December. I get my information from the warrant officer recruiting website, which I understand is geared towards us active duty folks.

Not really. I think it's been pretty universal that most people applying can change it pretty much until the week prior to the board.

Right now I'm scheduled for my battalion board the week before the USAREC board in January.

So, I've had a set-back but seems like things are going to work out. I've been having some problems getting my flight physical approved by Fort Rucker. Since I am in the Marine Corps, I had my original flight physical done by the Navy. I cleared the Navy's physical and had that sent to Rucker but it's just been sitting for the last few months and haven't heard anything about it. The LTC that wrote one of my LORs had one of the soldiers look up the status (since I wasn't getting anywhere with my recruiter) and found that because of the differences in standards between the services I was missing a couple items. I finally got my recruiter moving and he got me in contact with a local Army flight surgeon. In talking with the flight surgeon he made the call that because there are such differences that he wants to completely re-do my physical and PRK waiver. Blah.

So I guess that's good to get it all done at one place to make it easier to get approved by Rucker and since my last physical was almost a year and a half ago this one should be good enough to get me through everything.

Question: Since it's getting down to the last month before the board, how long has everybody else's physical's been taking to get approved by Rucker? I should be able to get in next week and the flight surgeon said he's going to do the whole thing in one day to move it along.

And another bit of good news, the CW5 pilot that I met a month ago should have a LOR to me within the week.

I had my physical done at Beaufort and Rucker sent it back twice because their requirements differ from the Navy's. Finally I went to Hunter to get it done and had it approved first time.

That's exactly what is happening for me. Even the Beaufort and Hunter part. Were you at the air station or Parris Island?

Board is in 30 days. I hope everybody's packages are in good order. It looks like mine is going to come down to the wire. I have my physical getting redone on Tuesday so let's hope it gets approved quickly.

That's exactly what is happening for me. Even the Beaufort and Hunter part. Were you at the air station or Parris Island?

I did ATC at Beaufort back in the 90's. Great place to be stationed. Good luck with your packet.

So, it kills me to say this but I'm not going to be on the January board. Had a small hiccup with my flight physical and have to get blood work re-done among other things. Good news is the flight surgeon was really cool about it and it looks like once I get that done my physical will be good. It sucks to have been this close and now it looks like I'm going to have to do the SIFT, too.

I guess this is the place where all the vets say "hang in there, it's worth it" because it's getting hard not to pull the plug.

With that being said, good luck to everyone that will be on this board. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Do not I repeat do not give up on the WOFT packet, you would regret that the rest of your life! You are close so just hang with it. The worst thing they can say to you is "No", trust me I been there twice, so you might as well at least try! I am as anxious as you about the SIFT, hopefully we will here something about it soon. Would the next board be in March after the January one of coarse?

Any one that is on the January board good luck! Be sure to let us know the results as soon as you find them out.

• Like 1

While this seems obvious, I'm still a little confused on how the two different boards work. All the applicants for this January board have already done an in person interview board and this upcoming January board is the big one where applicants are actually selected correct? And these are held once every two months? Good luck to everyone on this board too!

• Like 1

Well folks, let the yelling begin. I won't be on this board. There's no good reason at all for it - I simply let the holidays take over and used that as an "excuse" to slack off and be completely lazy and make zero progress on my packet. Needless to say, I'm very angry with myself. I've since started working out again and need to make up for some serious lost ground.

Who is going to be on this board, anyway?

• Like 1

Lindsey, I'm not even going to grace your post with a response. Oh, wait...

• Like 1

On the Warrant Officer website my Status just went to B. I guess that means that got my exception to policy letter so I can be on this board. I honestly did not expect that to happen.

Fingers crossed I get accepted(again...).

• Like 4

Ouch, Lindsey!

The list stands as:

Hellfire

Rob1237051

AVIATORWANNABE

Optamix

Darkstarx87

Myself

Good luck to all!

Edited by zion
  • Like 1

Lindsey are you kidding me. How'd you let something like Christmas get in front of the dream?

Tell me about it, Mike. I know.

so close.. good luck to us all!

Lindsey, I hope to see you submitting that packet real soon!

Hey everybody good luck to all of you on this upcoming board. I won't be able to see the results since I'll be gone, so hopefully I'll see you all at Rucker one day. Just try and relax, you've made it this far which is more than so many people can say.

• Like 1

you've made it this far which is more than LINDSEY can say.

Corrected

Lindsey, you have been an asset and an inspiration to a lot of people, myself included. We/I would love to see you heading off to Rucker with all those you have helped get there.

Happy selections to all on the Jan Board!

• Like 3