January Selection Board

A quick numbers crunch for you statisticians out there:

Jan 2013 AD WOFT Board Results

153A Applicants

Q-S 74 42.5%

FQ-NS 78 44.8%

NS-NC 22 12.6%

I'm new here. My husband was on the January board with you guys. Could some one tell me what the abbreviations are? HIs recruiter is out of the office for another two hours. It's killing me to not know if he made it or not.

I'm new here. My husband was on the January board with you guys. Could some one tell me what the abbreviations are? HIs recruiter is out of the office for another two hours. It's killing me to not know if he made it or not.

Q-S = Qualified and Selected

FQ-NS = Fully Qualified, Not Selected

NS-NC = Not Selected, Not Qualified (This usually happens if you are not selected two boards in a row)

Been Lurking a while, excited to be selected! Thank you for all the resources you guys have been providing on this site!

That makes 5/5 for VR Active Duty! Not bad!

Guys, add your stats to the SELECTED thread as movingtarget has done.

MOVINGTARGET AND AVIATORWANNABE got selected without a degree!!! PROOF that already being enlisted might put you at a better chance to get picked without one.

i doubt a civilian street to seat would have been picked without a degree...

good job guys!!!

• Like 2

besides the stats already posted that are for the ACTIVE DUTY APPLICATIONS... what was the civilian side selection ratio...anyone know the selection of people that had degrees(what type AS BA MS DR), non-degrees...

Edited by Yamer

MOVINGTARGET AND AVIATORWANNABE got selected without a degree!!! PROOF that already being enlisted might put you at a better chance to get picked without one.

i doubt a civilian street to seat would have been picked without a degree...

good job guys!!!

While I was selected without a conferred degree, being enlisted does not necessarily give you a better chance to get selected. It is the accomplishments and results achieved while enlisted that you are evaluated on, not just the fact that you have enlisted experience. The reason civilian WOFT applicants generally have degrees is because it is a mostly objective indicator of achievement in lieu of military evaluation reports.

Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

The rush of seeing my name on that list reminded me of my first jump lol.. "HOOK UP"!!! And I'm thinking ohhhh sh@! Am I in over my head?! By the time I got to the door I heard "GO"!!! And I remember thinking... we'll find out! Lmao! I'm taking that same can-do attitude to WOCS!

I read the section for the ATC Warrants, like an idiot. Luckily, I saw my name on the way down to "FQ-NS" territory.