Finishing up W.O. package, looking for input / answers

Hi all I'm Alex,

I'm attempting to submit my package for the next military board and am looking for some advice and answers to questions as I'm an Air Force guy and some of the Army stuff still eludes me.

I'm on Active duty and am currently deployed again (volunteered for this one) .. but just found out I may be getting extended , so my WO package may be delayed by a month or so.

Here's where I stand right now with my stats.

Years in Service: 8 (USAF)

AFAST score: 128

GT Score: 113

LOR's = having trouble getting them completed

PT test = in progress, (self test = 270 as of yesterday, 1 month until test)

College: I have an Air Force Associates( Aviation Operations), AS in Professional Aeronautics as well from Embry Riddle

Conditional Release = got it.

Looking at a lot of your stats on here is quite intimidating. I hope I'm competitive.

Questions:

If I'm selected, about how long do I have to "transfer" from USAF to Army? I live right down the street from Rucker.. just deployed now so I can't really answer my own questions.

Do you PCS to Rucker? So do I move my things to the area?

How do I get Army uniforms, am I required to have them upon arrival?

Are conditional releases good for your enlistment? I know my CC put a date on the form but the print out I received back stating approved didn't have an experiation date on it.

Are people going into depth under basic training for schools on the resume?

Any advice?

Thanks!

Alex

I don't know the answers to your questions (other than yes, you will PCS to Rucker), but I would try to raise your GT score. The Army offers FAST classes which are designed to help with that, I don't know if the AF does anything similar, but that's definitely a test that you can study for and improve on.

Dig around. Your questions have been answered several times over, and I'm too tired to post a response. Try searching some key words. If you don't have any luck finding anything, send me a PM and I'll answer what ya got.

Good luck from a prior AF guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm active Air Force who just got accepted and I'm now navigating the bureaucracy that is getting an early separation date.

If I'm selected, about how long do I have to "transfer" from USAF to Army?

Once accepted go to the vMPF and select self service actions. Select early separation and then select "accepted to an officer program". In the comments explain why you need early separation and attach your signed DD368 and I also included a copy of the selection memorandum. You will need to speak to someone at MEPS, after you are accepted, to know what date you need to put down. Your recruiter will have to file for an extension with your battalion because you won't be able to have all this ready by the deadline to sign your contract. They will tell you what day to set your ETS. Prepare for many trips to MEPS...I'm on 4th trip to MEPS tomorrow(bus ride, hotel, etc... You aren't treated any different because you are already active).

Do you PCS to Rucker? So do I move my things to the area?

WOCS will be similiar to a TDY, after that it will be a PCS to Ft. Rucker. I've heard mixed answers about basic. MEPS HQ said no but the regulations say yes. Several people at WOCS have commented that some AF crossovers had to go, I have no idea why some do and some don't. Hopefully I'll know more Friday.

How do I get Army uniforms, am I required to have them upon arrival?

If we have to go to BCT we will get them there, if we go straight to Ft. Rucker we will be issued them before the start of WOCS.

Are conditional releases good for your enlistment? I know my CC put a date on the form but the print out I received back stating approved didn't have an experiation date on it.

I was told they are good for 1 year after they are signed.

Are people going into depth under basic training for schools on the resume?

I didn't go to far in depth.

Any advice?

It takes a long time and is difficult because most recruiters and AF Squadrons have never had this happen. Be prepared to be given an answer later to find out it was wrong and you will have to reaccomplish the task. I thought the stress was over after being selected but today, running around trying to get this ETS date fixed, was very draining and stressful. I was being told that if my REDD report didn't show a new ETS date today that I may lose my spot while waiting on AFPC to get everything done. I was able to get my REDD report changed conditionally since the process had been initiated.

Good luck, be prepared to jump through many hoops.