How much cost .. bell 222 helicopter maintenance a year? and overhaul?

KoreanPooh

How much cost .. bell 222 helicopter maintenace a year? and overhaul?

bell 222 is my dream helicopter

how much cost of maintenance a year?

and overhaul price? - like main rotor etc...

currently

I plan to buy robinson R-44 it's avaiable price

but my aim is bell 222

I worry about it's safety... too old helicopter hmm..

• Like 2

How much cost .. bell 222 helicopter maintenace a year? and overhaul?

bell 222 is my dream helicopter

how much cost of maintenance a year?

and overhaul price? - like main rotor etc...

currently

I plan to buy robinson R-44 it's avaiable price

but my aim is bell 222

I worry about it's safety... too old helicopter hmm..

I was just going to mention that Calstar has a 222 for sale right now. What a great looking bird! I've never heard of many 222 safety issues, and although I have never flown one, and even though its an old airframe, if its well maintained I would go anywhere in one.

Edited by Goldy

Coca Cola had a 222 in Miami in the mid 1980's and it was a hangar queen with the LTS-101 engines. I would not recommend purchasing one especially with the way you are asking questions.

Our agency had one years ago. It was the only three engine helicopter that Bell ever made (you better keep an extra engine on the shelf). I never flew it as PIC, only SIC a few times. Our pilots who had a lot of experience in the aircraft called it "Miss Piggy." It was the only helicopter our mechanics had ever seen that would break setting in the hanger over the weekend.

222 means:

- too heavy

- too slow

- too expensive.

We sold it and purchased a Bell 407.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I bought the Coca-Cola helicopter back in 2000. It has been a great helicopter; I still own it and fly it. I have owned a 206, three S350, four S355, one S76, one 222b on skids and now this 222b on wheels.

It cruises at 140 kts and is a dream to fly. I fly about 75-80 hours a year. I would fly it more but I also fly an L-29 and a Mig 15.

The maintenance is not cheap but I have had years where I only spent $30,000 other years have been substantially more, $100,000, one year it was $250,000 as I had to do and engine. A typical year without any surprises is close to $50,000

Overhaul is a difficult question as to cost because it depends on how much you are overhauling. At 5000 hours you are pretty much overhauling most of the helicopter and that would run somewhere around $750,000 to one million.

I have included a shot of mine after I painted it Black and before when I bought it and it was white (has a couple of friends in it)

post-33524-0-78601400-1363527897_thumb.jpg

post-33524-0-43030100-1363529036_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

If you need more information about Bell222 you can contact me. Company were i work has a Bell222SP with RR Allison 250C30G engines.

we make at our base only line maintenance and all base/heavy maintenance is made in Germany at an approved Part 145 organization.

And from what i know my boss put that helicopter on sell.

So i m available with any information you neeed. (flight hours, maintenance, components data , and so )

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon,

Those three Mercy Air EMS ships are now for sale. My operator is currently looking to sell at a very reasonable price. If you or anyone has any interest please email me at afett@heliparts.com and i'll give you the direct email contact for them.

Have a great day

Precision Heliparts.