Paying for Flight School through college?

D-Mac_84

Sorry for the late response, busy weekend.

So I've talked to my parents about all this, and I've decided upon reading the wealth of information in this thread, to begin school here at the local community college. At least for a semester, just to earn some college credit. At the same time though, I will be looking into flight schools and make a decision. I still plan on attending flight school, preferably one that allows me to train in a 22 and 44. (As you all suggested to do my CFII in a 44) Basically, school is just something I can do while it gives me 3-4 months to look at different flight schools.

Hopefully in that time, I can find somewhere that I'm confident will yield results.

Sorry for the late response, busy weekend.

So I've talked to my parents about all this, and I've decided upon reading the wealth of information in this thread, to begin school here at the local community college. At least for a semester, just to earn some college credit. At the same time though, I will be looking into flight schools and make a decision. I still plan on attending flight school, preferably one that allows me to train in a 22 and 44. (As you all suggested to do my CFII in a 44) Basically, school is just something I can do while it gives me 3-4 months to look at different flight schools.

Hopefully in that time, I can find somewhere that I'm confident will yield results.

Thank you for listening, a lot of people come on to these forums hoping to have their preconceived notions vetted only to find that those notions are woefully inaccurate. A lot of young kids in particular just don't want to be told how difficult this job is to get into, and they go and blow all their money and wind up nowhere. It shows a lot of maturity on your part that you actually heard us out and didn't fall into that trap. Please use the search bar on this site to find the wealth of information on here about how to pick a good school. Best of luck to you.