WOCS Complete

Yes. My wife moved down while I was in WOCS, but I had several buddies take it. Bravo is actually pretty decent about ensuring members get their PTDY for house hunting and for maternity leave. If your in an active training class they will let you take it after you finish that phase (for maternity leave). Also, I have seen several guys take leave for many different reasons such as emergencies, stress, marriage issues, etc. they will just take you out of a class, let you take care of family or issue and re-insert you when you are ready. In the case of house hunting/PCS I'm sure they will ask after WOCS during the bravo in-brief and you will just start BOLC after you are complete.

I dislike a lot of things about bravo, but they have been doing this for a while and will ensure you have your family and affairs in order prior to training.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

For street to seaters you'll get PTDY, but that is only for local house hunting. You won't get travel time in addition to PTDY to go get your stuff. The trip from BCT to WOCS is considered a PCS move, as is going from WOCS to B Co even though it is just down the road.

If you don't take PTDY you can take regular leave to go get your things and move, but that is your vacation time. Also you won't get paid travel time for yourself, but you will for family members. Won't get mileage either, but will get paid for weight moved.

For in service candidates, you'll get both PTDY and leave to move your stuff, while getting paid for it.

That sucks... you can send movers to get your stuff at the Army's expense as long as someone is there to let them in. With exodus already putting you in the hole I don't know how much further they'll let you go. I've heard of some people taking PTDY and going home anyway to move their stuff, but that's a dangerous game. You'll have to talk to B Co about it when the time comes.

Bco only allows you to be 10 days in the hole. You are going to have to talk to them when you get here. I'm guard and my PTDY was prior to WOCS and the people I went with were able to use it after only due to exodus. It all just depends on your BOLC date really. If it's right away after you might not get it just due to the time frame. Again, Bco will come to talk to you at WOCS while you are in the field and they can answer almost all your questions.

First of all, Happy New Year! I came across something interesting last week. Item 17 of the WOCS Orientation Package says:

Prior to training, upload all documents required to your personal folder in AKO (Senior TAC essay, autobiography, awards, lease, marriage certificate, etc.).
ref: http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/WOCC/wocourses.asp

This is the first I have seen or heard about writing the Senior TAC essay and autobiography prior to WOCS. Is this correct?

• 2 weeks later...

5 week we had it all done in the online class prior to getting to WOCS

x2 on that. I had to do the DL classes and the 2 essays prior to getting there and my unit notified me 9 days prior to the start date that I needed to get that stuff done. My life sucked for those 9 days but i got it done. I was a full time NG technician so I just told my boss about it and he let me get it done during work. One of the plus sides to being full time guard