Recent UH-60 Ft Rucker GRAD

No that's distant vision. My near vision is 20/20 uncorrected.

Gotcha. I don't think it will be an issue, because last time I checked the USAREC Warrant Officer site, before this last update they did,they distinctly stated that DISTANT vision had to be 20/50 or better uncorrected. I re-read that part of the site word for word about 20 times before I calmed down, as I had just got back from my eye exam, and saw 20/70 on the paperwork, and recalled seeing 20/50 on the site, but couldn't remember the context.

Gotcha. I don't think it will be an issue, because last time I checked the USAREC Warrant Officer site, before this last update they did,they distinctly stated that DISTANT vision had to be 20/50 or better uncorrected. I re-read that part of the site word for word about 20 times before I calmed down, as I had just got back from my eye exam, and saw 20/70 on the paperwork, and recalled seeing 20/50 on the site, but couldn't remember the context.

Check out AR 40-501, and scroll down to Chapter 3 or 4 which discusses Flying Duty, then find the vision section.

The 20/50 does refer to distant vision, but near vision needs to be 20/20.

OK, with that being said, what are the current regs on PRK/LASIK? I looked up the AR 40-501, and found the section on vision for flying duty and it mentioned nothing about corrective surgery that I could find. The version of the AR was from 1997 though, so I know it is a bit outdated. I'll look into this as a back up, if my flight physical turns into a crap shoot.

OK, with that being said, what are the current regs on PRK/LASIK? I looked up the AR 40-501, and found the section on vision for flying duty and it mentioned nothing about corrective surgery that I could find. The version of the AR was from 1997 though, so I know it is a bit outdated. I'll look into this as a back up, if my flight physical turns into a crap shoot.

I've got the form linked somewhere in here. Can't remember the thread name but its there.

I don't understand how "fraternization" is applied towards officers. Whether we are commissioned as WO1's or not an officer is an officer. We share barracks and everything else the only difference is our pay and what we spend our careers doing (technical expertise v. admin expertise). We are all expected to walk, talk, and act the same just with a different knowledge base.

So I can't call my commander by his first name but I can drink beer with him at the O club. WTF Ft. Rucker