Flight Physical Issues

The stamp on your physical means NOTHING. All of us fly the Kiowa (AC) once in our career. I simply ignored the stamp and selected Kiowas.

I will warn you though that there is zero room in the 58 if you are a big dude wearing armor, weapons, etc. You are squeezed into it.

• Like 1

The stamp on your physical means NOTHING. All of us fly the Kiowa (AC) once in our career. I simply ignored the stamp and selected Kiowas.

I will warn you though that there is zero room in the 58 if you are a big dude wearing armor, weapons, etc. You are squeezed into it.

What about skinny tall guys?

• Like 1

What about skinny tall guys?

I'll tell you that being 6'5" and doing slopes was not comfortable for me, I would have to wedge the cyclic into my leg to make a decent landing and most the time I would land right skid high and put my knee out the door a little. Left skid high sucked, my leg was pinched between the collective and the cyclic and it was not comfortable at all.

Also, the console on the 58C sits really low, so you have to back the pedals in from their full stops so your shins dont hit the dash, which means you have to flex your feet back towards you even more, making your ankles really uncomfortable.

Long story short the 58 is not built for tall people, when I used to make a hard right turn I would scan out the green house lol.

• Like 1

I'll tell you that being 6'5".........it was not comfortable at all.

Long story short the 58 is not built for tall people, when I used to make a hard right turn I would scan out the green house lol.

:( I want 58s soooooo bad. I will seriously have to rethink if I want to spend my career in it when I'm 76" and 225 on a good day.

:( I want 58s soooooo bad. I will seriously have to rethink if I want to spend my career in it when I'm 76" and 225 on a good day.

I'm about 205 w/o gear, you are going to be "cozy" in the cockpit. You will get to fly the 58 in BWS before selection so after 4 weeks you could probably make your mind up.

Not sure how much more/less room the 58D has over the A/C model

• 3 weeks later...

My recruiter said it would be months before they would be able to get me a flight physical because of budget cuts. Is there someone I can call to speed this up?

See this is where I get nervous, as I spoke to my recruiter who advised it was all done in one fail swoop at MEPS.... hmm makes me really wonder now.

My recruiter said it would be months before they would be able to get me a flight physical because of budget cuts. Is there someone I can call to speed this up?

Not knowing anything about your situation, sounds like he is referring to not being able to go on TDY. A recruiter is required to be present for the flight physical. Ask if they can get it scheduled ASAP but you could drive to the nearest recruiter from where you are going to get the physical and let that one take you in. That way no TDYs would have to be authorized to get you there.

Not knowing anything about your situation, sounds like he is referring to not being able to go on TDY. A recruiter is required to be present for the flight physical. Ask if they can get it scheduled ASAP but you could drive to the nearest recruiter from where you are going to get the physical and let that one take you in. That way no TDYs would have to be authorized to get you there.

I was not required to have a recruiter present for my flight physical.

Thanks. Sounds like that is it. I told them I would be willing to drive anywhere and he said, "we have to drive you and be there."