WOFT Packet Denied First Attempt January 2013

As Yamer eluded to, unless those congressman know you, their letters don't hold much weight. Oh, and how did your board interview go?

I thought it went well but honestly I do not know. I see others see a score my recruited told me nothing. And what about the senior warrant officers they do not know me personally.

I thought it went well but honestly I do not know. I see others see a score my recruited told me nothing. And what about the senior warrant officers they do not know me personally.

They don't know you personally but they know the job you are applying to, and more importantly they know who they would like to see sit in the seat next to them in combat. The Congressmen don't know you or the job. In my opinion, keep one of them (the more well-written one), and replace the other with a high-ranking CW4/CW5.

• Like 1

I didn't know any CWs but through the power of the internet I got hooked up with a CW5. He was about two hours away and I offered to drive out to meet him but he just talked to me on the phone several times and read my essay and resume summery and wrote a letter based on that. Most all CWOs are super helpful as long as you are respectful.

• Like 1

optamix if you dont mind me asking how did you get in touch with a CW via internet? I am in the navy and trying to cross over but im at a naval air station with zero Army on it and not a single army base for a good three hours almost! the local recruiter also knows nothing about WOFT or going warrant so he was no help.

optamix if you dont mind me asking how did you get in touch with a CW via internet? I am in the navy and trying to cross over but im at a naval air station with zero Army on it and not a single army base for a good three hours almost! the local recruiter also knows nothing about WOFT or going warrant so he was no help.

*cough* thiswebsiteandlinkedin *cough*

I know three CW4s and three CW5s from the above. It's a matter of putting your name out there and reaching out respectfully.

- Not optamix ;)

By the way, you would be surprised at the people who lurk these forums and merely don't post...keep that in mind.

Even in the civilian world. Tim Tucker knew my name down at the Robinson Safety Factory, and he definitely never posts here.

I found a CW2 on Reddit and messaged him(always send a professional message, even on a social site) asking for help. After I did well on my AFAST and him looking over my packet he got me in touch with his mentor.

• Like 1

By the way, you would be surprised at the people who lurk these forums and merely don't post...keep that in mind.

Yeah, there are one or two on here... Also, a 1LT isn't going to make an impact for a LOR, regardless of where he works. The point of an LOR is for an aviator/leader to endorse you based on his/her credibility or experience. a LT has neither.
  • Like 1

Even though he has known me half my life and knows experiences that he can reference in the LOR?

Yeah, there are one or two on here... Also, a 1LT isn't going to make an impact for a LOR, regardless of where he works. The point of an LOR is for an aviator/leader to endorse you based on his/her credibility or experience. a LT has neither.

Even though he has known me half my life and knows experiences that he can reference in the LOR?

I don't think people are understanding this. Or they are not civilian applicants. I say keep the 1LT AND see if he has any higher ranking connections. The WOFT recruiting website states "use highly influential people that personally know the applicant."

The 1LT falls under "personally knows the applicant" but not "highly influential". I wouldn't ditch the LOR, just find a few that satisfy both sides if you can.

I got one from a retired Army Colonol with 24 years of service, but didn't use it because it wasn't very personal. It was a rewrite of parts of my résumé. Also got one from a state representative that I didn't use because it was poorly written. I had one from a Army CPT (only 1rank higher than your friend) who has been a family friend since I was in grade school and everybody who read my letters said it was the best I had. He could personally speak to my character and strengths unlike the others I didn't personally know.

Remember, we are civilian applicants. Highly influential doesn't have to mean high ranking or part of the US government. It is NOT a requirement to have a CWO letter as it is for AD applicants (I think that's a requirement, could be wrong), and nothing states that they have to be in the military. I met a civilian applicant that was selected with NO military LORS.

I guess what I'm trying to say is keep the 1LT. Lol

I don't think people are understanding this. Or they are not civilian applicants. I say keep the 1LT AND see if he has any higher ranking connections. The WOFT recruiting website states "use highly influential people that personally know the applicant."

The 1LT falls under "personally knows the applicant" but not "highly influential". I wouldn't ditch the LOR, just find a few that satisfy both sides if you can.

I got one from a retired Army Colonol with 24 years of service, but didn't use it because it wasn't very personal. It was a rewrite of parts of my résumé. Also got one from a state representative that I didn't use because it was poorly written. I had one from a Army CPT (only 1rank higher than your friend) who has been a family friend since I was in grade school and everybody who read my letters said it was the best I had. He could personally speak to my character and strengths unlike the others I didn't personally know.

Remember, we are civilian applicants. Highly influential doesn't have to mean high ranking or part of the US government. It is NOT a requirement to have a CWO letter as it is for AD applicants (I think that's a requirement, could be wrong), and nothing states that they have to be in the military. I met a civilian applicant that was selected with NO military LORS.

I guess what I'm trying to say is keep the 1LT. Lol

I will keep the LT I believe because of the personal I will try to get two more senior officers and I just realized the Congressman I have a letter from is on the guard for 28 years and is a Colonel. Do you think it is worth asking if he would possibly rewrite my LOR and make note of his military rank?