March/April Board

Hello everyone! I have been MIA for a few days buried in books, but I have spoken with my recruiter and it turns out the SIFT is now officially required.

THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ANYONE WHO WAS/IS IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME:

if your recruiter is telling you that your AFAST score is still good, he is wrong. The reason why this happened to me and everyone else is because there are two basic sides to a recruitment process: the application side and the acceptance side. The application side would be compared to MEPS and the acceptance side would be compared to USAREC. USAREC had sent me an email containing these words "If you have a board ready AFAST score on/before Jan. 18th, the AFAST score WILL be accepted. If it is any later, a SIFT score will be required AND an AFAST score will NOT be accepted." My recruiter was confused because the MEPS (at least the one in San Diego) knows nothing about the SIFT, let alone does not even offer it.

As far as my personal situation, my packet is due by the 18th for the BAT board this month. I am in a rut because I have studied for the test and am ready to take right this second, but my recruiter emailed around the nearest army base (Ft Irwin, 5 hours from where I am) and they said the SIFT is offered there. But, when he called to schedule it, the staff had NO IDEA what he was talking about. So, my problem is taking the SIFT in time to make the Feb 18 for the Mar 13 cut off.

Wish me luck! I have not lost hope. Please redirect this info to any other person who is confused or seeking more information.

Much love!

• Like 1

Lindsey, my recruiter is telling me that March 7th is the deadline to have your board ready packet in for the USAREC board that meets in April.

Is this for civilian applicants only? I am active duty doing an interservice transfer and will be submitting everything approximately March 12-14 just before the deadline.