I do tabatas on the track. By the time I come off the sprint into a walk its time to sprint again. I try to hit a 100m on each sprint, its easy for the first few then the pain hits. I usually dry heave when I'm done, its really a fun work out.

• Like 1

I have done tabata runs and tabata style workouts IE burpees, flutter kicks etc...and it sucked lol...my buddy got me to do a crossfit workout the other week he calls it his payday workout and its a 10, 9, 8 rep countdown deal... 160lb squat, burpees, and hanging toes to bars/knees to chest whichever you can do, 10 reps of each exercise then 9 reps and so on with little to no rest in between. It took about 20-25 mins and i was drenched in sweat and felt like a wet rag on the floor afterward!!! I only do intervals on the treadmill solely to keep track of what kind of pace I am running and get my lung capacity up.

Kind of off topic but does anyone know the exact date the May board will meet? My 368 is going to expire sometime in the middle of the month.

USAREC WOFT board is 13 May 2013.

EDIT: I have the board dates in front of me now. Here are the rest for the Fiscal Year:

15 July

16 September

If anyone is going through the Seattle Recruiting Battalion, PM me and I can give you Battalion board dates as well.

• Like 1

Well, this is exceptionally frustrating. Med-read took nearly a week to come back, and apparently I need to get a recent eye exam before I can redo my expired MEPS physical (since I had LASIK). Aggravating because I have everything on my LASIK forms (Pre and post op 6 months) and didn't think this would be an issue since it wasn't before. Time to call every eye clinic in the area to get the soonest available appointment, resubmit the med-read, wait an additional 72 hours, and then the required 3 days to schedule MEPS once the med-read comes back cleared.

/rant

We do have a PhD in here. Have tydaddy sign for it: "Dr. Tydaddy"

Just a minor technicality.

The irony is I'll get a vision test at both MEPS and for my flight physical anyway. Ha, I'll get three vision tests in about a month. O.o

Get used to that with the army, they are very redundant with medical exams.

Your flight physical DOES NOT count toward your PHA (periodic health assessment), both are required once a year.

When i graduated from flight school I had to go in to get my PHA done, get a local upslip (see the flight doc) a week later and then 3 weeks later get my flight physical done because I was in my birth quarter.

3 exams within a 3 week period 2 were with the same flight doc

• Like 1

USAREC WOFT board is 13 May 2013.

EDIT: I have the board dates in front of me now. Here are the rest for the Fiscal Year:

15 July

16 September

If anyone is going through the Seattle Recruiting Battalion, PM me and I can give you Battalion board dates as well.

Am I correct in saying that if I want to be included in the May board i have to have my packet completed... interview and all... by march 15th? That's no good. Im gonna have to wait till july to get on a board!

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardschedule.shtml

Am I correct in saying that if I want to be included in the May board i have to have my packet completed... interview and all... by march 15th? That's no good. Im gonna have to wait till july to get on a board!

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardschedule.shtml

Not true. That sched is for active duty applicants. Our cutoff is typically ten business days before the board meets.

I'm new to the site, but I have a board ready packet that will be seen at the March '13 board. Time is going by sooooo slow I can't stand it. I hope everyone going gets good news.

I'm active duty

GT:129

AFAST:135

B.S. Aviation Technology

PPL, fixed wing

CW5 Brigade Standardization IP LOR

I'm new to the site, but I have a board ready packet that will be seen at the March '13 board. Time is going by sooooo slow I can't stand it. I hope everyone going gets good news.

I'm active duty

GT:129

AFAST:135

B.S. Aviation Technology

PPL, fixed wing

CW5 Brigade Standardization IP LOR

Did you take the SIFT? That's a requirement for the March board.

He is active duty. If his packet was already board ready he is good.

It would have had to have been board-ready on or before 18 JAN though right? I guess it just depends on when he submitted his packet.