I am fully aware that the SIFT is an aptitude test, but in my opinion, preparation and determination are aptitudes to be measured.

Agreed, 100%. My deal is that you can't have an aptitude test and also have a minimum score to qualify. If they want it to qualify people make it a big huge test and make study guides. If they

Want to gauge someone's aptitude, make the test some enormous amount of questions and measure it based on how far an applicant gets vs. correct answers in a given amount of time.

• Like 1

Yeah they could make it like the FAA exams. A few days of reading questions and answers and voila....I can fix your helicopter...Oh and a practical exam in a dodgy warehouse.

Glad to see someone else had the same FAA A&P experience that I did. I showed up for my O&P and I would never have done any aviation maintenace in that shop, and this place was a votech for teaching A&P mechanics.

The 8 months of hoops I had to jump through to get reimbursed by the VA was harder than actually getting my certificate.

• 3 weeks later...

I take my SIFT the morning of the 11th. I'll be the first person to take it here in Okinawa, Japan. As for being boarded, I'm hoping to get everything in, completed, and sent off in time to get looked at on the May board, but more than likely the July one.

I get so many cockeyed looks for being a 29 year old Marine SSgt, applying for the WOFT... I was actually about to do up one of the oh so many "Intro/progress/update" posts. I haven't seen any from Marines though, mostly NG and AD guys.....could prove to be interesting....

Just saw your thread. Got the same look. Semper Fi, brother.

LOL Yeah, the Recon guy was top dog all throughout WOCS, BOLC, and the UH-60 course. Great guy.

You'll be in good company, even out in the units. It's gonna be a long road but trust me, when you get near the end of flight school, it'll feel like it went by quickly. Just not while you're waking up at 0300.

LOL Yeah, the Recon guy was top dog all throughout WOCS, BOLC, and the UH-60 course. Great guy.

You'll be in good company, even out in the units. It's gonna be a long road but trust me, when you get near the end of flight school, it'll feel like it went by quickly. Just not while you're waking up at 0300.

AM flight line wake up had to be one of the toughest parts of flight school. By the time we were out pre flighting I had been up for 4 hours already.

AM flight line wake up had to be one of the toughest parts of flight school. By the time we were out pre flighting I had been up for 4 hours already.

And you've been up for 10 hours by the time PM academics rolls around. Go home, study and prep for the next day. Have fun in flight school, they said.

• Like 1