The Move to Rucker

Yes, I do sometimes feel like I'm literally living in my truck. However, I've been doing it for a year now, so I'm pretty used to the drive and nightly preparation. I like the schools better here and rent isn't as inflated as Enterprise.

I may need to get TH-67 limitations and emergency procedure on-tape to maximize my time usage. ...And if that doesn't exist yet, then I know what I'm going to market to "The Hanger."

If I was down there for any course other than IERW I would have lived in Dothan, its so much nicer. But being 30 minutes away and not being able to run home for anything would get old. There were a few times when I would have a 3-4 hour break and I could go home to eat lunch and see my family which was nice.

Yes, I do sometimes feel like I'm literally living in my truck. However, I've been doing it for a year now, so I'm pretty used to the drive and nightly preparation. I like the schools better here and rent isn't as inflated as Enterprise.

I may need to get TH-67 limitations and emergency procedure on-tape to maximize my time usage. ...And if that doesn't exist yet, then I know what I'm going to market to "The Hanger."

They already have the limits and Ep's on CD, and it is by far the most boring audio CD i have ever listened to. I used it 1 time driving down to florida and never used it again lol.

If I had school aged children I would have most likely been a Dothan commuter as well but my son is still a few years out from that.

• Like 1

OK, then it'll be my job to make the exciting audio CD. It'll have scratchy music playing in the background to simulate Pin4, when you'll suddenly hear "HOLY sh*t FIRE ON 1!" You then have to give the verbatim EP.

Another scenario will have a bored and belligerent IP quizzing you on Ch. 5...But it'll be during an instrument approach to Cairnes ILS-A with simulated radio calls to talk around.

I think I've got a side job in the making.

EDIT: Also, you will have a crewchief translation track where his Mic boom is about 3 inches from his face and he's directly under the transmission.

• Like 2

A couple of my friends wrote songs using EP steps as lyrics. Musically they were horrible, but they worked great for memorizing chapter 9.

I will just leave this here...

• Like 3

01Celica,

I have a feeling we'll be in the same BCT class...I should find out when I sign my contract on Thursday. I also have the same questions you have...although 1. I'm not married, and 2. My kids have 4 legs :-)

Where are you going for BCT? From what I've read, I'll probably be at Benning...but Jackson is also possible.

It'd be nice to get a thread started once we all find out where we're and when we're going...

Wrong...I'm heading to Ft Sill in July.

Maybe we should start a thread for folks headed there with us...as I've already got a lot of questions...

Yeah that's not a bad idea. Is it ok to post our ship date? I've read on other forums that you're not supposed to.

Yeah that's not a bad idea. Is it ok to post our ship date? I've read on other forums that you're not supposed to.

A lot of people think certain things are OPSEC when they aren't. Posting your ship date to basic training is fine. Posting your deployment date to Afghanistan once you are with an operational unit on the other hand, is not.

• Like 1

A lot of people think certain things are OPSEC when they aren't. Posting your ship date to basic training is fine. Posting your deployment date to Afghanistan once you are with an operational unit on the other hand, is not.

I dont know how many people's wives just blasted that on FB the last time our battalion went out the door. Facebook always leads to OPSEC issues

Should I start a topic here for us red headed stepchildren? (Sill folks)...or would a private FB group be more appropriate?

Depends on what you're going to discuss. Prepping for BCT? Post a new thread but have the thread title be more BCT-generic than Ft Sill specific (so people can find it in a search easily). How you guys are going to try to be in the same company at BCT? Private FB group.